You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

top players greed

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
railing the stp London entry tournement, only 5 players entered, as the closing time approached they agreed that if anyone else entered they would get together and bully them out, these were some of the top cash players on sky, I was disgusted that they needed to stoop so low to win. i no longer have any respect for them. 

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I have sent you a PM  
  • edited March 2013
    I railed most of that tournament and no such thing happened. There was friendly banter between players and railers, all of whom know each other from previous SPTs.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to top players greed:
    railing the stp London entry tournement, only 5 players entered, as the closing time approached they agreed that if anyone else entered they would get together and bully them out, these were some of the top cash players on sky, I was disgusted that they needed to stoop so low to win. i no longer have any respect for them. 
    Posted by jra126

Sorry but i have to disagree. I watched this game with the view of entering and i think you have misjudged banter with reality. Players were openly getting invited to join as i believe all the players auto assumed the tourney would fill up an might as well get em in early. Towards the end there talk was pure banter.
    Myself and many other reg players could of entered and...... prob should of entered but we didnt and that was to our loss.
    I would just take this as a missed opportunity like me and many others and not to read too much into stuff.
    Finally in defence to majority of the table u watched they are some of the most genuine ppl you would wish to meet and certainly not out to cheat anybody out of any competition

Chris
  • edited March 2013
    Railed the game for a bit, didn't see anything close to what you have said.

If you have evidence of collusion then please contact CC with it.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: top players greed:
    In Response to top players greed : Sorry but i have to disagree. I watched this game with the view of entering and i think you have misjudged banter with reality. Players were openly getting invited to join as i believe all the players auto assumed the tourney would fill up an might as well get em in early. Towards the end there talk was pure banter. Myself and many other reg players could of entered and...... prob should of entered but we didnt and that was to our loss. I would just take this as a missed opportunity like me and many others and not to read too much into stuff. Finally in defence to majority of the table u watched they are some of the most genuine ppl you would wish to meet and certainly not out to cheat anybody out of any competition Chris
    Posted by chrisdboy
    Thanks Chris!

+1, I was trying to get people to enter! and anything else was pure banter!
  • edited March 2013
    After noticing a post on the forum saying only 3 people had won through to the eliminator final yesterday I went to watch the table to see if it would still run.  As the final did go ahead I stayed to watch but had no intention of entering.

A lot of players were railing this table and commenting on wether to enter or not.  They were encouraged to join and were told it was unmissable value.  In fact, at least one of the players sitting at the table informed all the railers that they had to be quick as there was a maximum of 10 players to this final.

Whilst watching I noticed the OP saying in the chatbox that he intended to enter and then paused before stating 'NOT'.  When he said 'not' at least one player sitting at the table said he should join them as it was great value.

I watched this table till the end and there were a lot of railers and some banter between friends and team mates.  IMO that was all.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to top players greed:
    Posted by jra126
    Top cash players?  Wasn't Hoggers one of them? :)

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: top players greed:
    In Response to top players greed : Top cash players?  Wasn't Hoggers one of them? :)
    Posted by cenachav

Yup Cena mate, the top players quote rules Greg out of any strange going on :)
  • edited March 2013
    This has so made me lol, firstly top cash players????? What me, karluke, greghogg, solack and can't remember the other 2 sorry!!
    There was no collusion or bad play at all.
    If you have any proof of this, then don't hesitate to contact customer service, but I can assure you that we know each other from spt and are all decent people IMO and wouldn't dream of such a thing.

• edited March 2013
    Not saying its any ones fault, but isint it funny how 1 person can have a totally different opinion of what happened to every one else. As others have said. There all friends and just banter. i can also see how it would look to some one that doesnt use the forum much or doesnt really know any one from SPT's, But only one way to sole that....Come on the forum more and post :D
  • edited March 2013
    OK Guys

Closing this one down.  

A slight difference on what is, or isn't, banter.  Everyone seems to have had their say so nothing more to talk about.

Cheers

Mod_JockBMW