You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i be folding here was only sat at table not very long and after a few hands with this guy can

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
yot Call  £0.08 £0.20 £10.51
brodis Fold     
lordgee12 Fold     
danboy22 Raise  £0.28 £0.48 £4.14
shark11 Call  £0.24 £0.72 £3.29
yot Fold     
Flop

• Q

danboy22 Check     
shark11 Bet  £0.72 £1.44 £2.57
danboy22 Fold     
shark11 Muck     
shark11 Win  £0.66  £3.23
shark11 Return  £0.72 £0.06 £3.95

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Depends what your hole cards are lol.
  • edited March 2013
    Please stop writing such long thread titles. Make it something snappy like "Bluffing at NL8" or "Raise-Sizing In The Primo" and then put your question in the post.

Long thread titles clutter up the forum.

Anyway, it would be helpful to know what your hand was as well as the reasoning behind i) raising 4x pre-flop and ii) not c-betting the flop.
  • edited March 2013
    seems to me that you have an a small to medium pair.when u check,u give the iniative to your oppo,who then senses weakness,bets out and takes the pot.he might have the queen,or poss a flush draw,it doesnt really matter.
    If you keep your raises the same,and not hand dependant,you will have a more balanced game,there will be exceptional circumstances to this ,but generally keep them the same.Why no c-bet?You are the pre flop aggressor.on this board lead out with a bet,you never know u might just take it down.now as he has put in a pot size bet,ask yourself,why is he betting so much,either for protection,or is it a bluff, defo not value.

when u play a hand oop,you must decide how your going to play the hand post flop,are you going to play it aggressive?If your plan is only to play strong if you hit, fold.

If you feel the guy is bluffing alot,tighten your range,and play him in position,if you play him oop,put him to the test.