You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

don't bother with this

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
No offence but you seem to be getting to grips with the game so dunno why you're posting this nonsense craig.

You DON'T want him to fold 'these stupid aces'. If you wanna win MTTs then you need to get it in with KK v A8 and be happy about it. This is a great spot, dream come true when he jams.

Comments

• edited March 2013

well i think the reason for this hand was i was a bit tilted because it was my 3rd tournement in a row which i went out trough a bad caller but now i have won one so i just wa\nt to remove this
    but i would like peoples thoughts on that AJ vs a BB reraise.

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: do i have to just call KK preflop:
    No offence but you seem to be getting to grips with the game so dunno why you're posting this nonsense craig. You DON'T want him to fold 'these stupid aces'. If you wanna win MTTs then you need to get it in with KK v A8 and be happy about it. This is a great spot, dream come true when he jams.
    Posted by Lambert180
    this
  • edited March 2013
    No offence but you seem to be getting to grips with the game so dunno why you're posting this nonsense craig. You DON'T want him to fold 'these stupid aces'. If you wanna win MTTs then you need to get it in with KK v A8 and be happy about it. This is a great spot, dream come true when he jams.
    Posted by Lambert180
    it might be most time but in recently i have quite a few times where these raggy aces have won yesterday it happened when i shoved with QQ then that A10s that hit me today it happened with this hand where the question comes in is with this being a cheap BH tournement where aces are more attractive if i know my whole stack is at risk is a call safer and then show real aggression post flop.
    it's with this being a tournament that i get more annoyed if it was just a cash table it's easier to take as all i do is top up my stack again.
  • edited March 2013

do you have any idea on the equity you have here when getting it in?

anser the more difficult questions in previous posts and help yourself improve, don't worry about these hands
  • edited March 2013
    do you have any idea on the equity you have here when getting it in? anser the more difficult questions in previous posts and help yourself improve, don't worry about these hands
    Posted by SHANXTA
    i probably put this in the wrong forum it should be it the BBV what has got me so annoyed with it is this is the 3rd time running where a villian with a bad hand has still beat me
    1st it was a set of twos the villian a gut shot so what happens he called and got it.
    2nd ashove with QQ villian A8o what happens he get 4 diamonds so hit a flush.
    3rd KK villian A8 and yet again the villian hit that important card.
    basically i'm feeling like lolllol and just does seem to be able to avoid loosing my chip stack to these bad callers.
  • edited March 2013
    keep getting your money in this spot and you will win long term yeah it still hurts when they win that 30% of time but it happens learn to accept it and move on buddy.
  • edited March 2013
    do i want my opponent to get all there chips in with 3 outs?

this is a tough one
  • edited March 2013
    Craig, your attitude to these situations is terrible. You need to stop thinking short term.

You WON 2940 chips in this hand. Do you understand why?
  • edited March 2013
    Everytime you get a bad beat with KK you shouldnt just post it in the clinic!
  • edited March 2013
    I was kinda hoping you'd come back with thoughts about how you could have won 2940 chips in a hand you lost but since you haven't, I'll just tell you.

Put "SKLANSKY DOLLARS" into google and you'll come up with this idea that will help you to understand

i) Your true long-term expected value in a given situation.
    ii) How thin your edge is, even if you are a massively superior player to your opponent.

Simply put, it tells you how much of a pot is "yours" when the money goes in. In this example with KK vs A8 you are a 71.85% favourite at the point the money goes in and the total pot is 12770.

12770 x 71.85% = 9175.245

9175 of the chips in the pot are "yours" and that's the amount you Expect to take from the pot in the long-term. Of course, from that 9175 you have to take the amount that you've contributed to the pot to see your expected profit.

9175 - 6235 = 2940

So you've put 6235 chips into a pot in one of the best spots possible in poker, as a 70:30 favourite but you only make 2940 profit. You might lose 6235 sometimes and you might win a double up sometimes but every time you are making 2940 Sklansky dollars.

The reason to think this way is that you stop worrying about the actual outcome of any individual hand. Expected Value and not actual returns becomes the driving force in your game as you see your long-term winnings rather than your short-term variance.

You lost this pot and your opponent won, in reality. In theory, though, you won 2940 chips here and he lost 2687.
  • edited March 2013
    " how much does it take for villians to fold these stupid aces"

U don't want them to fold