You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham Tips - Questions for the show Tuesday 8-9pm.

edited September 2013 in Betting Chat
Eh? Sky Poker TV has a Cheltenham tips section? Correct!

The folks on the channel have got horse racing expert Michael Shinners in tomorrow night to discuss Cheltenham and we wondered if you guys had any Cheltenham Festival questions you'd like to ask him. I know many of you are gee gee fans and I know Shinners well - the lad knows his beans, so fire away!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Hi Dave, I've got a poser for your guest regarding an ante post bet for Cheltenham I have running. I'll post it later on tonight when I've more time.
  • edited March 2013
    Hi Dave, I wondered if you could arrange for Mr Shinners to be asked what he would do in my position regarding the following ante post wager I have running onto next weeks Cheltenham meeting. 

On December 27th following a previous ante post punt on Long Run winning the King George, I placed another from my winnings, but this time it was an acca. The 1st two legs ran and won that day. Sanctuire and Sizing Europe. The 3rd leg was Scott Waites to win the BDC World Darts Championship. 

The final three legs all run next week. I'm more than happy with the 1st two of them. Simonsig @ 6/4 (now 4/6), and Sprinter Sacre @ 1/2 (now 1/4). My problem is that I might not get a run for my money with my final selection, Dynaste to win the RSA. I'm on @ 5/2 (now 2/1). The bet scoops over five figures it it cops, hence my dilemma.

I know the vagaries with ante post betting, and I could put up with Dynaste picking up an injury and not running, or falling at the 1st fence, or even getting beat a short head. But to watch it being pulled out of the RSA, and sluice up in the Jewson instead, would be very very frustrating, and hard to take.

Does Michael think I should takes Ladbrokes offer of 5/1 for it to win the Jewson, just in case it turns up for that? As I'm sure it would be a 6/4 chance on the day. Or take Paddy Powers 5/2, with their 'non runner no bet' policy? Or even a bit of both, so I get a bit at a ridiculous price, and a bit at the lower price, knowing I get my money back if it turns up in my preferred race.

Which race does Michae think it will turn up for?

Cheers Neil 
  • edited March 2013
    Hi all, just wondering about  Oliver Sherwoods runners this week, and what chances our expert thinks he has. I know this is a short question but i tend to stick with certain trainers and jockeys.