You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thoughts please, 10nl 200b deep.

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Right i had been playing a very lag style, generally involved in most pots 3betting alot generally and donking around. Oppo has been fairly solid but no real reads as of yet. What are thoughts on the 4bet? Alig has been 3betting alot of my opens and i had seen aj at showdown from a 3bet so wasn't too concerned about him, considered flatting with two callers in front of me but felt i was very likely to have the best hand so could isolate one of them if they were holding aq type hands or take it down pre.

Thoughts on the 4bet should i be flatting pre? and do we call or fold?
STR1BS Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £21.00
Chezzy30 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £33.13
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

benc Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £24.03
alig1234 Raise   £1.10 £1.55 £34.58
sanskydo Fold        
x
Call   £1.10 £2.65 £18.35
STR1BS Call   £1.05 £3.70 £19.95
Chezzy30 Fold        
benc Raise   £3.90 £7.60 £20.13
alig1234 Fold        
x
All-in   £18.35 £25.95 £0.00

Comments

• edited March 2013
    yes you should feel pretty good about 4 betting you'r hand in that spot given reads..... calling is not bad either imo with the inentions of setting up or winning a small pot, and playing it a bit passive..

but when it comes to calling the shove!?.. with out reads its tricky, its a strong but weird line from him.... flip a coin :S.
  • edited March 2013
    4betting is fine imo, so is calling.

When he 5bet ships for 200xBB you're in trouble... Against most players at 10NL (especially as you've described him as solid) you will be lucky if you're even flipping
  • edited March 2013
    3b of a UTG raise from EP, with 2 cold callers, im probably just calling rather than 4betting. If i do 4b i am not folding, and im 4betting as such (probably nearer £6). However I think it would have to be a very specific type of player for me to do that. 

• edited March 2013
    yeah I think I prefer peeling pre. Even tho he's been 3betting you a lot, it's still an early position 3bet and his range should be narrower. Also if we 4bet and get 5bet by the big stack it sux. But if we have a plan and shizzle then I think 4betting is ok

lol @ villains line. I think I probably fold cos it's like wtf. wp aa innit.  
  • edited March 2013
    4 bet more of just call

a/p snap the 5 bet shove from btn

• edited March 2013
    don't understand this play, 

are u 4b bluffin (if u fold)

4b for value (meaning snap call)

did u consider ur image if u say ur raising alot u maybe need to take this into consideration. 

But considering very few players 5bet jam light i guess he has to fold
  • edited March 2013
    I felt that by raising i could try and isolate one player out of the 3 under the assumption i'm ahead or up against kqs aqs type hands and can re-evaluate based on how the flop comes down. So raising for value..

Having built up a very agg image i thought it was a good time to take advantage of that and not take the passive line with Js the way the hand had played up to that point.. i'm getting some action from some worse pairs and overcards i think?

Oppos line obviously just completely took me by suprise, when they flat the 3bet i'm never giving them credit for a monster.

So general consensus is the 4bet is ok but should of been bigger? and that if a guy 5bet jams on you at 10nl JJ is likely to be in trouble..
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Thoughts please, 10nl 200b deep.:
    I felt that by raising i could try and isolate one player out of the 3 under the assumption i'm ahead or up against kqs aqs type hands and can re-evaluate based on how the flop comes down. So raising for value.. Having built up a very agg image i thought it was a good time to take advantage of that and not take the passive line with Js the way the hand had played up to that point.. i'm getting some action from some worse pairs and overcards i think? Oppos line obviously just completely took me by suprise, when they flat the 3bet i'm never giving them credit for a monster. So general consensus is the 4bet is ok but should of been bigger? and that if a guy 5bet jams on you at 10nl JJ is likely to be in trouble..
    Posted by benc
    fair point
    bet size isn't my strong point but jj allin some times in the uber nuts @ 10nl =) but given reads,  it smell like badly plyed aa/qq/kk
  • edited March 2013
    I was just relaying what the others said about js in that spot d-legend i dont play nearly enough cash or 10nl to know whether its good against a 5bet shove or not. I did end up calling the button shove hoping he had gone a little crazy with with a lower pair or overcards at worst. The original flat made me think he never turns up with a hand that is crushing me..  but yeah he flipped KK and one of the regs told me i played the hand terribly and Js was never good to the 5bet there so thought i'd get some opinions. If he had 4bet alis open then i think the hand would of been alot more simple, he played me very well if he flatted expecting me to put the 4bet in.
  • edited March 2013
    x
    All-in   £18.35 £25.95 £0.00
    x
    Fold        
    benc Call   £15.25 £41.20 £4.88
    benc Show
    • J
    • J

RAMBO611 Show
    • K
    • K