You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call or fold flop shove?

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic

could i just ask what it is you do to post the hand onto the forum

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Is this a call or a fold after villian 3bet shoves after the flop?

Seat 1: babkiu (£4.26 in chips)
    Seat 3: Jabatzsti (£2.13 in chips)
    Seat 5: grrrrinda (£4.00 in chips)
    Seat 6: takika21 (£9.38 in chips)
    Seat 8: krasata (£8.03 in chips)
    Seat 10: Me (£6.63 in chips)

krasata: SB £0.02
    Me: BB £0.04

*** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Me [8h 7h]

babkiu: Call £0.04
    Jabatzsti: Fold
    takika21: Raise To £0.08
    krasata: Call £0.06
    Me: Call £0.04
    babkiu: Call £0.04

*** FLOP *** [8s 5c 6h]

krasata: Check
    Me: Check
    babkiu: Check
    takika21: Bet £0.24
    krasata: Fold
    Me: Raise To £0.64
    babkiu: Fold
    takika21: Raise To £9.30 (all in)
    Me: ??

I've got top pair and an open ended straight draw, is it a call or a fold? I put him on an overpair, so it's basically a coin flip isn't it? I will post results later, this hand will be going in my diary anyway the result will be in that.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Call or fold flop shove?:
    could i just ask what it is you do to post the hand onto the forum
    Posted by craigcu12

I go to the hand history on titan, save it as text onto my laptop, then i copy and paste the text onto this lol. Only way i can do it as i still can't find a hand converter that works for titan :(
  • edited March 2013
    so it's not from sky this hand.
  • edited March 2013
    I don't play here remember as it crashes my laptop and disconnects all the time lol. But they're is some good players on here that give great advice etc so i stayed on this forum for that
  • edited March 2013
    It's not a coin flip sadly. If he has 99+ you're crushed and only have about 30% of winning. If he has a set, you have even less chance. If he has a straight you have even less chance again.

The only hands you're flipping with are 56, 58, 68 and A8 everything else is gonna have you crushed unless he's a real spewer and can turn up with really junk hands
  • edited March 2013
    It's not a coin flip sadly. If he has 99+ you're crushed and only have about 30% of winning. If he has a set, you have even less chance. If he has a straight you have even less chance again. The only hands you're flipping with are 56, 58, 68 and A8 everything else is gonna have you crushed unless he's a real spewer and can turn up with really junk hands
    Posted by Lambert180
    I'm certain that an overpair to that flop is a coin flip? I have top pair, an open ended straight draw and a backdoor flush draw as well, so i have 14 outs twice don't i?

It was unlikely he had 4,7 or 7,9 for the straight given he raised pre-flop but a set was possible i guess, i just didn't put him on it, i was certain he had an overpair after he shoved the flop, i've seen him slowplay flopped sets a couple of times lol.

• edited March 2013
    yeah vs 1010+ youre pretty much flipping

I prob fold cos we're like 150bb deep and we can prob find a better spot to win moniez at this limitven though I hate raise/folding a hand w/ a lot of equity. I also just flat call otf, we have v.good equity but we don't really want what happened to happen, we can play smallball multiway innit
  • edited March 2013
    yeah vs 1010+ youre pretty much flipping I prob fold cos we're like 150bb deep and we can prob find a better spot to win moniez at this limitven though I hate raise/folding a hand w/ a lot of equity. I also just flat call otf, we have v.good equity but we don't really want what happened to happen, we can play smallball multiway innit
    Posted by percival09
    Yes, i was thinking that but i decided to take a gamble with it (who doesn't love a gamble eh? :P) i raised the flop as it could have easily been a standard c-bet with air, so by raising i could have taken the pot down right there. But obviously he shoves over the top of me and leaves me with a decision to make haha.

I made the call, and rivered the 4 for the straight so the gamble paid off at least lol.