You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tilt help

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
just bust the main and mini in usual fashion.

AdQhvKdQd flop dddbrickbrick and mini lose KKvQQ both all in pre within 10 seconds of each other.

Read Jared Tendlers book, and listened to audiobook. Neither help as im still raging and when i get cooler after cooler more tables donthelp as i take my tilt to those tables.

Any proper advice?

thanks

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I just think of family mate and think to myself before i blow anymore cash doing crazy stuff why do i want to give it to complete strangers when i could give it to loved ones

Works for me :)

GL
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: tilt help:
    I just think of family mate and think to myself before i blow anymore cash doing crazy stuff why do i want to give it to complete strangers when i could give it to loved ones Works for me :) GL
    Posted by _ARAZI_

cheers for that.  this has been helping, it makes me laugh anyway. :)

• edited March 2013
    i just think of the villians hand as ones i would have called with myself.
  • edited March 2013
    was just talking to somebody about this then. I've pretty much bust the main 2 of the last 3 nights in pretty unfortunate fashion, but it's like, we decided to play poker, we're fully aware that beats happen, so it's how we deal with these beats that make us a great poker player. As simple as it sounds, when you play a game, just accept that no matter how well you play, you could be knocked out by a donk playing awful who hits a 1 outer on us. Like I don't even give a S most of the time now, just happens innit. 
  • edited March 2013
    A few interesting points from all of you which im going to pick pieces from and hopefully utilise.

The kind gentleman that is Chris Cox (coxylboro)tweeted me some invaluable information on how to detilt.  I think he picked it up from a Buddhist monastery but im going to give it a shot.

Thanks guys, THANKS COXY!!
  • edited March 2013
    Play Omaha...  it will de-sensitise you  to suck outs ;o)

• edited March 2013
    Or drive you over the edge
  • edited March 2013
    A few interesting points from all of you which im going to pick pieces from and hopefully utilise. The kind gentleman that is Chris Cox (coxylboro)tweeted me some invaluable information on how to detilt.  I think he picked it up from a Buddhist monastery but im going to give it a shot. Thanks guys, THANKS COXY!!
    Posted by mewillows
    Do they have internet access in the monastery?
  • edited March 2013
    When i get it pre with AA/KK etc, i just say to myself ` i`m not gonna win this ` so when they do hold up it`s a bonus!!!!

Hope you run better fella.
  • edited March 2013
    A few interesting points from all of you which im going to pick pieces from and hopefully utilise. The kind gentleman that is Chris Cox (coxylboro)tweeted me some invaluable information on how to detilt.  I think he picked it up from a Buddhist monastery but im going to give it a shot. Thanks guys, THANKS COXY!!
    Posted by mewillows
    Are you relieved?
  • edited March 2013
    Avoid playing pots v me!
  • edited March 2013
    Avoid playing pots v me!
    Posted by SoLack

This can only be a +EV desision for everyone except solack. 

• edited March 2013
    when playing tournaments there are 3 scenarios;
    crash & burn (most common)
    min cash (occasionally)
    final table (rare-that'll do nicely)

so basically 2 times from 3 is rubbish,the last one is lovely,but as said,rare.
    so just accept that you are going to lose pretty much every time you play.
    then when you do win a decent ammount-happy days.(hopefully this will pay for all the times you lose,and give you some kind of profit).
    as long as you are playing well inside your b/roll,not sure what the exact figures are for tournament players,
    but i'm thinking i wouldn't want to be spending more than 1% of it on any single entry fee.which is tight,but losing and therefore 'tilt' wouldn't be a problem.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    I just think of family mate and think to myself before i blow anymore cash doing crazy stuff why do i want to give it to complete strangers when i could give it to loved ones

Works for me :)

GL
    deffo this^^^^.Not easy to keep it together,granted.But if you've got kids,just look in on them kippin.You soon forget about the bad beats.
    Be good
    Paul
  • edited March 2013
    yeh i normal just blow it but now startin to learn to take a break and watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN2260WELCw

tilt cooler 

• edited March 2013
    play bf3 and shoot people work for me
  • edited March 2013
    My tilt this week has been crazy as Im sure some of the regs are aware.  My best mate is suspected to have bladder cancer and it's tilting the f%&k out of me.  I've just lost all regard for money and couldn't care if I lose it all at the moment.  
  • edited March 2013
    Just saw Coxy's advice on Twitter....    Amazing it works ;o)

• edited March 2013
  • edited March 2013
    My tilt this week has been crazy as Im sure some of the regs are aware.  My best mate is suspected to have bladder cancer and it's tilting the f%&k out of me.  I've just lost all regard for money and couldn't care if I lose it all at the moment.  
    Posted by Donttelmum

Please stop playing until you find out for sure as this isnt going to help you at all. it will probably exasperate it.  I hope it turns out not to be so severe.