You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday's live show on 861/SS4 - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL THREAD***)

2»

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Can I just say, absoloutley loving Joe Stapleton! 

Been a fan of him for a while and followed the EPT Deaville with both you guys and grew to love you both! Loving the show, keep it up guys!

Question for Joe: How much poker do you play a day/week?

Thanks guys, 

Spottyboy.
  • edited March 2013

hi james, new bloke...

JACKPOT 22:18 pm      

main mini both %  
    entered 437 646 206 47  
    left 35 83      

AB0151 3 60      
    SPRING29 23 53      

• edited March 2013
    Congratulations to MAXALLY, GIESAHAUN, SEADRAGON and GOLDENB238 who win free entry in to Sunday night's mini primo! Best of luck!
  • edited March 2013
    JACKPOT 22:46 pm      

main mini both %  
    entered 438 646 206 47  
    left 18 36      

SPRING29 15 9      

• edited March 2013

Evening Guys

GREAT SHOW !!

Joes name obviously implies he has been collecting staples.

I have a number of biros - given my alias.

Perhaps Joe and I should setup up a stationary business together?  ;)

Question for Joe - If you play at micro stakes ( which I do ) - should you make calls on the basis you can afford to lose the money ( hence play the hand ).  I don't often do it - but sometimes I just don't beleive the villian - hence just call and make notes.

Regards

Pen Fifteen

• edited March 2013

hi guyes i just head that e-mail where he thinks weak hands are always going to win well how come my KK suvive a shove preflop which had 3 callers which held AKo 55  and j10s surely an A, flush, straight or set was meant to come by the river.

• edited March 2013

Evenin' gents, I hope it's been a grand one.

Question:

Is the idea of Sklansky dollars a good way for new players to understand Expected Value... or not?

Tried explaining this to someone this week. I got a less than enthusiastic response.

Good show Mr Stapleton. It's almost as though you've worked with James before.

• edited March 2013
    Can we get a notification next time the software swtiches back to letting the worst hand win? Felt for sure my A8 was gonna win vs AQ
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show on 861/SS4 - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    Hi guys, great show, good to see Stapes become a regular. In the spirit of asking new people questions, it has to be what is your favourite concrete? If that is too easy, which is your favourite motorway gantry? Oh, and which is the best American football team? (Note there is only 1 right answer to this!)
    Posted by Ilera
    Ha!

All this "ooh, Joe is great, la la la" is all well and good, but can he field questions on concrete & motorway gantries? (rhetorical).

Exactly, the case rests.

PS - I thought Joe was excellent, EXACTLY as expected. It is a compliment to Channel 861 to have Joe on board.