You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Not playing the posters freeroll?

I played the posters freeroll and as ever its really enjoyable with plenty of banter, however my one gripe is, there must be 10 players away for the duration - thats 20% of the players. Yeh that makes it easier for all, but id prefer all the players were in attendance. i know some players have said that they wouldn't play it anyway, so why include them? What i think should happen is after the 'list' is put up, players should post yes within 24 hours if they intend to play, and if there are any spare places they are given to the next in line in terms of posts. I cannot make the next one on wednesday, so id like to feel that if i qualified my place is given to another forum member who has posted but didnt gain entry, because thats what its about. Anyone else agree?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    100 TRILLION %
  • edited December 2009
    I don't know how difficult it would be for sky to get the substitutes in early enough but do agree there should be the yes/no option.

At least the people not there wont beat me next time.

LOL
  • edited December 2009

good idea, i think, maybe, sitting on the fence for now

• edited December 2009
    I like that idea! Ha ha may give me a chance to play but I'd probably be a few minutes late ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Not playing the posters freeroll?:
    I don't know how difficult it would be for sky to get the substitutes in early enough but do agree there should be the yes/no option. At least the people not there wont beat me next time. LOL
    Posted by vaigret
    really easy they just make the private list say 80 players but only publish the top 50 on the monday, after the deadline on tuesday, any shortfall in the 50 they top it up with the reserves, they post the reserve posters that have also qualified, they then enter the players as usual on the wednesday - SIMPLES
  • edited December 2009
    I think it is a good idea but some players who are away may have intended to play but have been held up for some reason.
    It would be a good idea if everyone on the list replied to the notice when it goes up on the Monday stating if they will be playing or not. This way Sky Rich might be able to insert substitutes on the Wednesday for the players who cannot play.
  • edited December 2009
    As you say loonytoons Simples, how silly of me.

You had me, I just wanted a smaller field, LOL
  • edited December 2009
    i here what your saying  loony if they dont want to be in it then it should go to someone else
  • edited December 2009

I offered my place previously as due to personal circumstances could not play and was told nope could not do that. I offered the position on the Monday thus giving plenty of time to allow someone else in. Rules are rules apparently.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Not playing the posters freeroll?:
    I played the posters freeroll and as ever its really enjoyable with plenty of banter, however my one gripe is, there must be 10 players away for the duration - thats 20% of the players. Yeh that makes it easier for all, but id prefer all the players were in attendance. i know some players have said that they wouldn't play it anyway, so why include them? What i think should happen is after the 'list' is put up, players should post yes within 24 hours if they intend to play, and if there are any spare places they are given to the next in line in terms of posts. I cannot make the next one on wednesday, so id like to feel that if i qualified my place is given to another forum member who has posted but didnt gain entry, because thats what its about. Anyone else agree?
    Posted by loonytoons
    I agree, I wonder if its possible for SkyRich to compile a list of those players who dont ever want to play in the freeroll so that their names aren't included regardless of the number of posts they make, and if a player knows that they can't play the following week then their name can be temporarily added to the exclusion list.

Steve
  • edited December 2009

Have i missed something here?...carnt a player who is on the list and either does not want to play in it or cannot make it on that night (LIKE FLASHFLUSH!!!....LOL).....simply 'unregister' for the tourney......??
  • edited December 2009
    Have i missed something here?...carnt a player who is on the list and either does not want to play in it or cannot make it on that night (LIKE FLASHFLUSH!!!....LOL).....simply 'unregister' for the tourney......??
    Posted by MAXALLY
    yeh but that means less players, i think it should be 50 players still, so let others go in there place, at the moment if you deregister the 51st best poster still wont get an invite. At the end of the day this is what its about - 50 posters and if it goes too low they could even pull the plug on it, and lets face it 10 odd players dont ever bother. (thats a fair choice)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Not playing the posters freeroll? : I agree, I wonder if its possible for SkyRich to compile a list of those players who dont ever want to play in the freeroll so that their names aren't included regardless of the number of posts they make, and if a player knows that they can't play the following week then their name can be temporarily added to the exclusion list. Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Thats a terrible idea steve, if its like my workplace, it will stay there in the exclusion zone for weeks and weeks lol
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Not playing the posters freeroll? : Thats a terrible idea steve, if its like my workplace, it will stay there in the exclusion zone for weeks and weeks lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Ah but SkyRich is SO MUCH more efficient than your employers lol
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Not playing the posters freeroll? : yeh but that means less players, i think it should be 50 players still, so let others go in there place, at the moment if you deregister the 51st best poster still wont get an invite. At the end of the day this is what its about - 50 posters and if it goes too low they could even pull the plug on it, and lets face it 10 odd players dont ever bother. (thats a fair choice)
    Posted by loonytoons
    I do actually agree with you mate....it should be 50 players at least....the more the merrier really (plus better odds against killer BAZ!). I was just saying it was easy to unregister so you dont get players sat out which isnt good for the freeroll that Sky provide for the community IMO.
  • edited December 2009
    Great idea ,just hope sky listen
  • edited December 2009
    If the number of players drop below 50 then there is only 5 places paid and not the 8 we have with 50.
    I think there should be at least 50 players each week.