You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Value bet river?

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Should i have made a value bet on the river after he checked back the turn? Or was my plan to check/call the river the right option?

Seat 1: Blufunny (£1.28 in chips)
Seat 2: TOMVEIL (£10.01 in chips)
Seat 3: hatchyb (£5.43 in chips)
Seat 4: jerrysunny (£0.93 in chips)
Seat 5: Doenfoss (£4.88 in chips)
Seat 6: ConSolG31 (£2.05 in chips)
Seat 8: Ernie1365 (£0.64 in chips)
Seat 9: csebonite (£5.24 in chips)
Seat 10: Me (£9.07 in chips)

csebonite: SB £0.02
Me: BB £0.04

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Me [Kh Ks]

Blufunny: Fold
TOMVEIL: Fold
hatchyb: Fold
jerrysunny: Fold
Doenfoss: Raise To £0.08
ConSolG31: Fold
Ernie1365: Fold
csebonite: Fold
Me: Raise To £0.24
Doenfoss: Call £0.16

*** FLOP *** [9d Jh As]

Me: Bet £0.28
Doenfoss: Raise To £0.56
Me: Call £0.28

*** TURN *** [3s]

Me: Check
Doenfoss: Check

*** RIVER *** [2c]

Me: ??

Comments

• edited March 2013

It would be best if you could walk us through your thoughts at each stage.

Don't limit yourself to responses to these questions:

1) Why did you raise to just 3x pre-flop after a limper, out of position?
    2) What did you make of his range for raise-calling pre-flop and then min-raising the Ace-high flop?
    3) Which hands do you think he could call a value bet with on the river, that fit his play up to that point?

You really need to tell us something about your opponent as well as your own image at the table.

Just realised he didn't limp. Ignore question 1, lol.

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Value bet river?:
    It would be best if you could walk us through your thoughts at each stage. Don't limit yourself to responses to these questions: 1) Why did you raise to just 3x pre-flop after a limper, out of position? 2) What did you make of his range for raise-calling pre-flop and then min-raising the Ace-high flop? 3) Which hands do you think he could call a value bet with on the river, that fit his play up to that point? You really need to tell us something about your opponent as well as your own image at the table. Just realised he didn't limp. Ignore question 1, lol.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I had just joined the table, so didn't have any reads on any of the opponents lol. I thought maybe he would call a 3bet pre flop with a pocket pair or a hand like ace, jack, ace,queen maybe? I think the only hands the would call a river value bet with are pocket 9s+ probably, i'm not going to lie, i didn't have a clue what he could have had haha.

My image at the table is probably irreleveant, it was one of the first hands i had played in lol. But my image in general is tight aggresive, and a little bit looser in position.

I called his min raise on the flop to evaluate the turn, if he had bet i probably would have folded as i didn't have any reads, but since he checked behind i wasn't sure if he was slowplaying a big hand or had nothing so i decided to check/call the river, but he checked behind and i won the pot (he had queens in the end, why the hell did all the money not go in pre flop!? gutted :( hahaha)