You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i have laid down my aces here?

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Not many reads on villian, apart from a note that says he donk min bets when he hits bottom pair or on a draw and i have seen him check raise bluff a few times, so that went into my thinking when he check-raised the turn.

Seat 1: vvvmusicvvv (£18.02 in chips)
Seat 2: epertom (£4.00 in chips)
Seat 3: freebus (£6.25 in chips)
Seat 4: E1C836 (£8.86 in chips)
Seat 5: Me (£5.74 in chips)
Seat 6: krasata (£6.18 in chips)
Seat 8: p0k3r5t4rs87 (£0.76 in chips)
Seat 9: winnie86 (£4.14 in chips)
Seat 10: Dujemix (£5.18 in chips)

freebus: SB £0.02
E1C836: BB £0.04

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ryanshire01 [Ac Ah]

Me: Raise To £0.16
krasata: Fold
p0k3r5t4rs87: Fold
winnie86: Fold
Dujemix: Fold
vvvmusicvvv: Call £0.16
epertom: Fold
freebus: Call £0.14
E1C836: Fold

*** FLOP *** [7s 6h 2c]

freebus: Bet £0.04
Me: Raise To £0.52
vvvmusicvvv: Fold
freebus: Call £0.48

*** TURN *** [4s]

freebus: Check
Me: Bet £0.92
freebus: Raise To £2.00
Me: Call £1.08

*** RIVER *** [6c]

freebus: Bet £3.57
Me: ?

This hand with the result is in my diary btw, but i will keep the result out in here lol.

I didn't put him on a flopped set since i'm certain he wouldn't donk min bet the flop with a set, it'sunlikely he turned the straight never seen him make really shocking calls pre flop with hands like 3,5 or 8,5.

Wasn;t sure what to do at the river, the board pairs and as unlikely as it was he had a 6 in his hand, it still could have been possible lol. Should i consider letting my aces go here?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Against this villain as described, easy flat turn, call virtually all rivers.

I wouldn't be able to put villain on any value hand that beats us after that river. A 6 is super unlikely given action, its going to be busted draws alot of the time
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Should i have laid down my aces here?:
    Against this villain as described, easy flat turn, call virtually all rivers. I wouldn't be able to put villain on any value hand that beats us after that river. A 6 is super unlikely given action, its going to be busted draws alot of the time
    Posted by NColley
    Yes, that's kind of what i thought lol. I called and he showed queen 8 (i think) so he was bluffing the whole way. I made a note and moved on to the next hand haha.