You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was I a moron?

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I was heads up and only one of us was getting paid. I had been getting my opponent to fold by re raising small raises from him. He was trying to find out if he had made a good fold of pocket 9's when I had reraised with KQ I did not tell him and I think this was playing on his mind.
I was on 9700 he was on 7500 yet again he small raised I went all in after a while he called and turned over pocket 9's i had j t of spades, I was fairly happy with 2 over cards against his pair.
By the river i had hit 2 pairs and knocked him out he was not a happy bunny. and called me a moron.
Although I dont think I would have shoved in all case I felt he was folding a lot and felt happy with the move.
 against this player
Moron or not?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Depends on blind levels but as long as you aint really deep, it doesn't sound stupid at all to shove JTs against his open, especially if he's folding too much.
  • edited March 2013
    Your opponant sounds like the moron, not you!

As to the hand, if you had between ~12 and 20 bbs the reshove with j10s HU is perfect imo. Can sometimes work with less than 12 bbs too depends how bad your opponant is...