You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker points.

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
Its a long shot, but I was wondering if sky could give people more options with poker points instead for really small freerolls.

Some ideas on what I think would be good if you could spend your points on. (whilst still recieving the normal C4P)

-Bigger freerolls
-Sky Merch 
-Themes and avatars for tables

just seems a waste points lying there when i cba playing the £20 freerolls at 10pts a pop. 

Comments

• edited March 2013

-Themes and avatars for tables 

This would go down a treat with those who play as a hobby and don't make 500 points in a month.  And, maybe attract new players to the site.  

Priority should be for sky to understand that they seriously need a mobile poker app like ASAP... with zynga like features and play monies poker for joe public to mess about with..... avatars and themes for free and they'll possibly join the currency poker pool in the future!!#!

Back to your point, I think sky could have an argument for doing this... and it could also make commerical sense as well. The points are essentially worth money to both players and sky.. so obv if sky offer stuff in a "sky shop" that blocks to the value of 80% the players C4Ps value then obv they'll print monies... this is what the big sites do in a way... but they also offer bonuses to purchase. 
  • edited March 2013
    The problem is that the points aren't really worth anything. Once you get your C4P, they are meaningless outside of freerolls which Sky would run regardless anyway and get nothing back whether the fields are 200 or 500.

So for them to start saying 500 points = Sky baseball cap, is them giving away the cost of a baseball cap because previously them 500 points won't get you anything.
  • edited March 2013
    yeah ofc... the likes of the players that put in volume aren't really going to be interested in it.  However unvolume playes whose c4P are worth like say £10 (for simplicity).... could have the option to spend before the end of the month on something exclusive from the sky shop... knowing that'll mean instead of getting £10 they can buy an exclusive item.... obv from skys point of view it shoiuld be less than £10 to make a cost saving. 

it doess get messy tho as sky dont have 2 sets of points that the other sites have.  I'm not really a fan and seriously not interested in buy a t-shirt or cap with tikays mug on it... (or even a tikay mug with richs confused face on it)... but whatever makes the site more profitable and allows them to market with stronger power i'm for. 
  • edited March 2013
    @Lambert180 - yes I agree with you, but it could be more like 10K+ for a baseball cap. So encouraging people to earn more points = more rake. And when people do earn them they get something with the sky logo on therefore advertisement for sky. 
  • edited March 2013
    obv i would prefer the c4p goes to players who are going to donk it around but if it increase traffic slghtly then i'm gain. 

think of it like a sky credit card.... you couldn even decide to use the points to pay for your sky broadband, movies, 
    sports, pay per view norty channels.... or other stuff taht makes 2way commercial/customer sense. 

yes i agree, i are genius.