You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is it ever OK to limp?

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
During the last session i had playing NL4 i had to deal with the most limpers i've ever seen playing there, they're was about 3-5 limpers pre flop every hand lol.

The question i have is, if there has been that many limpers before me, and I hold suited connectors or small pocket pairs, is it OK to limp in as well? It's what I did anyway, i didn't really like doing it since i hate limping, i normally either raise or fold pre flop but if i wanted to raise in these situations i would had have to make the raise about 24-32p everytime (according to the 3x+1 rule anyway), and with these types of hands i didn't want to put that much money in the pot as it is NL4 after all, you know that at least 1-2 of the limpers will probably call anyway.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    there is a diference between open limping and over limping. If as in the situation that you have described above multiple people have limped in  front of you and you have a had like small pp or SC that play well multiway then it is perfectly fine to limp here. What you should not be doing is opening the action with a limp yourself ( being the 1st person to limp)
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Is it ever OK to limp?:
    there is a diference between open limping and over limping. If as in the situation that you have described above multiple people have limped in  front of you and you have a had like small pp or SC that play well multiway then it is perfectly fine to limp here. What you should not be doing is opening the action with a limp yourself ( being the 1st person to limp)
    Posted by jams88
    Thanks very much, and yeah i never open the action by limping lol, unless i click on call instead of fold accidentally (i'm a bit clumsy, i've done that a few times :P haha)