You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Flop a straight flush...

and no value ! lol
LockyBhoy Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £13.52
LARSON7 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £15.75
  Your hole cards
  • Q

PEANUT11 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £56.99
LockyBhoy Raise  £0.45 £0.70 £13.07
LARSON7 Call  £0.40 £1.10 £15.35
PEANUT11 Fold     
Flop

• J

LockyBhoy Check     
LARSON7 Bet  £0.10 £1.20 £15.25
LockyBhoy Fold     
LARSON7 Show
  • Q

LARSON7 Win  £1.01  £16.26
LARSON7 Return

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I would just check this back. Literally no card can EVER come to prevent us winning. We're a 100% lock on the hand, let him catch up/bluff. 

Also dont show on table
  • edited March 2013

10p into a pot of 1.10 looks so weak, i'm hoping for a reraise.

Gotta show the nuts, it'll prob beanother year till i get a hand tht good lol

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Flop a straight flush...:
    10p into a pot of 1.10 looks so weak, i'm hoping for a reraise. Gotta show the nuts, it'll prob beanother year till i get a hand tht good lol
    Posted by LARSON7
    Just check it let him vbluff later

And no you don't, your not just showing that you bet with the straight flush, your also saying "look i called your raise with Q9s"
  • edited March 2013

Mate Q 9 suited is a monster

• edited March 2013
    Mate Q 9 suited is a monster
    Posted by LARSON7
    Ok then 
  • edited March 2013
    Nevermind that you showing you called with Q9 who cares. You're showing everyone that when you flop an absolute monster you'll make a silly 10p bet into £1.10.

You'd never bet 10p here if you had AQ (no diamond). So now in future when you do a stupid tiny bet, people will assume it's with the nuts (if anyone is paying attention).

FWIW I think you should bet bigger. He's still Iso'd from the SB to 5x pre and should have a pretty strong range. If he's gonna call, he'll call 10p or he'll call 50-60p.
  • edited March 2013
    Don showing your hand doesnt matter if you use it in the right way.
    Not that it even matters at nl10 really!
    Nice hand mate, im deffo checking back on that flop though! UL.
  • edited March 2013
    Don showing your hand doesnt matter if you use it in the right way. Not that it even matters at nl10 really! Nice hand mate, im deffo checking back on that flop though! UL.
    Posted by Wacko90
    Meh i explained my point wrong. Im just from the school where showing this kind of hand is incorrect. I guess theres an arguement for it. Although yeah probably doesnt matter at NL10. 
  • edited March 2013

Nevermind that you showing you called with Q9 who cares. You're showing everyone that when you flop an absolute monster you'll make a silly 10p bet into £1.10. You'd never bet 10p here if you had AQ (no diamond). So now in future when you do a stupid tiny bet, people will assume it's with the nuts (if anyone is paying attention). FWIW I think you should bet bigger. He's still Iso'd from the SB to 5x pre and should have a pretty strong range. If he's gonna call, he'll call 10p or he'll call 50-60p.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I would love if you fold 2 me when i put in a min bet, when you have raised preflop:D Cause i'm pretty sure it will be a monster that i'll have that time:P

I agree i should have checked it.

Tho, i loved the idea behind the 10p bet, to induce a reraise. This was player specific, it's the only time this player folded to a stupidly weak bet, after he has raised preflop.

Backfired this time, a check is better but overall I have no problem showing this, the fact i made this bet on this occasion at this time doesnt mean a lot in the grandscheme of things.

If i flop the world the next time, will i min bet of course i will!