You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good fold?

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Only thing i don't like about online poker is the amount of time you get to make a decision haha. It's like 30 seconds (i think) on the non-turbo tables on Titan, and i needed 29 seconds of it to make this fold, was it a good fold or not?

No reads/notes on villian, just sat down at table 5 mins before hand happened.

Seat 1: Me (£4.00 in chips)
Seat 3: TouchMeBabe (£4.89 in chips)
Seat 5: krisbori88 (£5.32 in chips)
Seat 6: UnableToFind (£4.90 in chips)
Seat 8: Magura7 (£4.89 in chips)
Seat 10: rols79 (£1.23 in chips)

Magura7: SB £0.02
rols79: BB £0.04

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Me [Ad Ks]

Me: Raise To £0.16
TouchMeBabe: Fold
krisbori88: Call £0.16
UnableToFind: Fold
Magura7: Call £0.14
rols79: Fold

*** FLOP *** [7s Ah 8h]

Magura7: Check
Me: Bet £0.32
krisbori88: Raise To £0.80
Magura7: Fold
Me: Call £0.48

*** TURN *** [4h]

Me: Check
krisbori88: Bet £1.06
Me: Fold

Didn't think i was beating much by the turn since the third heart came, was I right?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    if i had a flush he wouldnt raise the flop more then likely so here im calling 
  • edited March 2013
    Anyone? haha.

Why does it say this topic has had 2 replies, when i'm the only one who has posted in it lol?
  • edited March 2013
    I think you're staring at the flush here. Good fold for me. He must have at least 2 pair to be shoving and A high board.
  • edited March 2013
    Yes that's what i thought lol.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Good fold?:
    Yes that's what i thought lol.
    Posted by skeg_poker

Too hard to tell with no experience/knowledge of villain but you'd imagine he'd only do this with flush, trips, 2 pair or ak. Maybe even aq. Unless of course he's on a complete bluff, can't let go of kk or something or is just a complete maniac.

Was it a good fold?! Dunno, we'll never know but if he had anything he was probably beating you. So at the very least it was a safe fold. You most definitely would have faced another big bet on the river out of position. with no outs left, if he's made his flush or has trips, I think it was the right move. Very hard to tell though because I think he does the same move with ak and aq himself