You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fold Trip Jacks, would of hut full house on river:(

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Hand from 2p 4 p cash,

I folded river to big bet, clearly i'm behind, but hit my full house on river.

Nice bet by oppo, would of been sick for him was i still in the hand
LARSON7 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.20
Zeextenr Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.18
  Your hole cards
  • J

monkeeey Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.53
bopper3603 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £2.93
garner909 Fold     
Aoife166 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £3.14
LARSON7 Call  £0.02 £0.20 £4.18
Zeextenr Check     
Flop

• J
  • J

LARSON7 Bet  £0.20 £0.40 £3.98
Zeextenr Fold     
monkeeey Raise  £0.65 £1.05 £1.88
bopper3603 Fold     
Aoife166 Call  £0.65 £1.70 £2.49
LARSON7 Call  £0.45 £2.15 £3.53
Turn

LARSON7 Check     
monkeeey Bet  £1.61 £3.76 £0.27
Aoife166 Call  £1.61 £5.37 £0.88
LARSON7 Fold     
River

monkeeey All-in  £0.27 £5.64 £0.00
Aoife166 Call  £0.27 £5.91 £0.61
monkeeey Show

Aoife166 Show
  • J

monkeeey Win Full House, 3s and Jacks

Comments

• edited March 2013
    If your calling with J5 pre then you have to stack on this board. I mean seriously what where you hoping for when you called? 

• edited March 2013

You dont have to stack on this board.

Clearly i'm beat on the turn, if i had stuck about, its a bad beat on the flopped full house. The full house is there, the flush is there, no way is J with a 5 kicker good. What are you calling for, when you know you are beat?

It's a great fold, i would just have got lucky on the river.

Jack 5 suited, ok dubious calling in the Small blind for wha is only another 2 p. Bad call, fair enough. Post flop, i played the hand fine. Take out the call preflop, if you think you can call that turn bet then yeah, good on you.] do your stack in this spot.

• edited March 2013

Based on what you said, you are calling here if it's Ace Jack/ King Jack, it's a mad call against 2 players.

• edited March 2013
    results orientated thinking ftw
  • edited March 2013
    Folding turn is fine given action but really you should just jam over the flop re-raise + the call given stack sizes.
  • edited March 2013
    Seriously, if you want to dismiss all advice why post in the clinic? 

Im not saying im a better player, but there are better players in here who will offer great advice, infact in can think of 1 person who posts on 90% of threads in here with detailed and honest advice and its never far wrong. 

I dont care how good a fold it is on the turn, you call pre with J5 then your not happy getting it in on a JJx board. You then lead pot and peel a raise on flop, and check fold turn. If we're going to play with J5 then we have to be willing to get it in when our miricle cards hit. 

Your getting 5/1 pre on a call i think for 2 pair you need 48/1 for trips its even more - im not the best at the maths but a better player than me said that. If this was NL400 and it was just £2 to win £20 would you make the call? I doupt the "its 2p" line would stay the same. You would think i have J5 in the worst posible position ill bin it. 

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Fold Trip Jacks, would of hut full house on river:(:
    Folding turn is fine given action but really you should just jam over the flop re-raise + the call given stack sizes.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    Really? I think it's an easy flat otf because of stack sizes?

< PSB left (v the aggressor), and 2 streets to get it in? 

Just over v the overcaller.....

OOP sux tho and I'm prob overthinking nl4. Shoving obv a fine play, I'd be snap flatting tho. 
  • edited March 2013
    think it's played fine

raising flop is good though
  • edited March 2013
    I'm not going to talk about post-flop in this post. I think it would distract from my point.

Why do we want to play J5 out of position? This is NL4 and, if we're confident in our ability, we can easily outplay players in position and play our big hands for value. If we're calling J5, what sort of flop do we want to see? We can hit the fourth nut flush, one card straights, trips two-pairs, etc, but how often do we hit those hands? Out of position, how do we go about getting value from those hands?

Just fold pre-flop. If we're playing J5 in the small blind out of boredom, then we should load up another table and we'll have better spots than this every few seconds. Just play in position and fold this junk in the blinds. It might only be half a big blind to make up but the hand and situation are not even worth that much in my opinion.
  • edited March 2013
    Post-flop, I don't mind leading into an unraised pot, though I don't like the pot-sized bet to be honest. It looks unlikely that you're just taking a stab at it with nothing. I'm not sure people will even give you credit for a draw with a pot-sized bet.

After the raise and call, we have to be thinking about the ranges we give our opponents. Obviously it's tough to give either of them credit for an overpair and an underpair to the Jack is unlikely to raise this flop, you would think. So that means we're pretty much hoping they're both playing a draw.

Calling to reassess the turn seems fine but it does mean always getting it in on non-heart turns considering the stack sizes. If we don't feel we can stack off on non-heart turns then we should fold to the flop raise.

The turn's a horrible card, obviously. I think check-folding is fine now. What can we beat that raises the flop or calls that raise? Ignore the river.