You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU 50NL?Thoughts?

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
At HU table.

Oppo just sat down.

Has made some spewy plays and calls.

ayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
KKripplerSmall blind £0.50£0.50£58.80
XBig blind £0.50£1.00£25.79
 Your hole cards
  • K

KKripplerCheck    
XRaise £1.50£2.50£24.29
KKripplerCall £1.50£4.00£57.30
Flop

XBet £3.00£7.00£21.29
KKripplerCall £3.00£10.00£54.30
Turn

• J

XBet £5.00£15.00£16.29
KKripplerCall £5.00£20.00£49.30
River

• J

XAll-in £16.29£36.29£0.00
KKripplerCall £16.29£52.58£33.01

Comments

• edited March 2013
    raise pre. fold turn
  • edited March 2013
    What hands does he continue with on the river?

Will he slow down with value hands or go to c/c mode.

Feel like he polarizes range to Jx hands or 4x hands.

Bet sizing on the turn is quite weak imo.
  • edited March 2013
    In answer to above questions. I think that depends on how villian views us. Mayb he feels he doesnt want to fold a flush/pair so instead of checking - you repping and him having a "desion" he barrels again in the hope you can call with worse. Given your call, he may know you can make these kind of calls enough (i dont know) so maybe he can shove pairs and flushes for value. 

Of coarse this is me making assumptions. I'd need to know more about previous to say for sure.
  • edited March 2013
    Little to no history between me and oppo, we have been sat for 10-15 mins on a HU table and Id quickly categorised him into a villain that will spew/ barrel with air.

I should probably find a better spot considering my opinion of the oppo, but felt K high could be good here alot of the time.
  • edited March 2013
    raise pre 100% KT is really strong hand HU.

id probably fold the flop especially since we dont have backdoor diamond draw. when people are spewy you just want value towen them
  • edited March 2013
    not raising pre unless i wanna stack off with it for woteva reason. 

prob not calling turn unless prepared to close eyes and calll river.

just let these guys value bet for you, no need to hero call... and ima station so thats sayin summin
  • edited March 2013
    Ok thx for the advice guys.

Villian had A6o for the win which was more than a bit annoying. He value owned me.

• edited March 2013
    Heads up on the button, KT seems like an auto-raise to me. (In fact, anything better than 72 on the button seems like an auto-raise to me, lol). Would those who disagree post some arguments against raising the button.

I can't see much reason to call flop and turn with just King-high to be honest (there are no cards on the turn to improve your equity except Kings and Tens). I'm not folding the blank river if I have done, though, unless I think oppo is completely incapable of firing three streets. You don't, so calling turn then folding river would seem bad.

I think I'd play the hand completely differently. I agree that there's no real need to hero call against guys making crazy plays... Definitely raise pre-flop.
  • edited March 2013
    raise turn bro )
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: HU 50NL?Thoughts?:
    Heads up on the button, KT seems like an auto-raise to me. (In fact, anything better than 72 on the button seems like an auto-raise to me, lol). Would those who disagree post some arguments against raising the button. I can't see much reason to call flop and turn with just King-high to be honest (there are no cards on the turn to improve your equity except Kings and Tens). 
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Sorry - i posted last night during a session so wasn't paying alot of attention, didn't realise this was an action table i thought those saying raise pre were talking about 3betting pre obv which i was saying i wouldn't do with this hand when his only plaing half a stack. 

I would personally just min raise button with atc and check back alot of flops when we whif flop v this opponent, he'll spite min raise you pre and make a mistake committing oop when he shouldn't. 

We can do this like 85% of the time and cause him to spax