You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i has an overpair, 3bet pot facing a squeeze

llew8181 Small blind   £1.00 £1.00 £160.62
jay209 Big blind   £2.00 £3.00 £32.12
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

v Raise   £6.00 £9.00 £346.58
offshoot Raise   £20.00 £29.00 £180.00
happywild Fold        
v2 Call   £20.00 £49.00 £539.30
llew8181 Fold        
jay209 Fold        
v Call   £14.00 £63.00 £332.58
Flop

v Check        
offshoot Bet   £46.00 £109.00 £134.00
v2
Call   £46.00 £155.00 £493.30
v Raise   £126.00 £281.00 £206.58

Comments

• edited December 2009
    villain is pretty aggro, this is the 2nd hand in a row ive 3bet him. The last hand i 3bet and v2 coldcalled again and villain folded. i bet the flop, v2 called, turn chk chk, then i folded to a river bet. v2 is a complete donk who calls anything preflop so his calling of the 3bet doesnt mean anything apart from he has two cards.

Villain rarely has a bigger overpair because he woulld have 4bet most likely. He does know however that i 3bet a weak hand last time and may percieve me as tilting. This is also a good spot to squeeze because v2 is never strong here. i dont know wether he would expect me to fold an overpair here though.
  • edited December 2009
    I put v on 66 most probably but could also be 99, 10 10, qq, kk.   I think I have to fold there, even though I would find it extremely hard.  I suspect v2 has 45 and takes this one down?
  • edited December 2009
    For me I'd rule out a bigger overpair - I don't know villain but I can't see them flatting the 3bet with QQ + in a 3 way pot.

How does villain play small pairs UTG - are they really raising 22/33 UTG??

The only hand I can put them on that beats me here is 66.

Really, really tough spot here and I can't make my mind up as I don't know enough about villain, I'd really need a feel for the game to make my mind up on this one.

I'm finding it fairly hard to get away here though.

I'm going to guess that you folded and V showed 99 and that V2 actually flopped a straight or set.

• edited December 2009
    I think if V perceives you are 3 betting him light then a check raise squeeze on this board would be a pretty good spot to make a move with a holding like 44 or 55. I think you jam the flop, v2 folds, and he reluctantly calls with 44 or 55.
    As people have already stated if he does have AA KK or QQ it is very unlikely, especially when he is aggro, that he will smooth call the 3 bet pre and opt to see a 3 handed flop OOP. I think he does expect you to fold out about 80% of your percieved range.

im definately miles off, but thats how i think it plays out lol

what happened??
  • edited December 2009
    offshoot i think hes hit 2 pair  if hes a donk and a calling station like u say  then he will call any raise with any 2 cards
  • edited December 2009
    Villain 1 is me.

There is only a couple of things you need to know about this hand, and that is V2 coldcalled preflop, flatted a large flop bet, and he is a huge fish who never folds. Amirite?

Love you offshoot,

CoxyLboro
  • edited December 2009
    I reluctantly fold here...
  • edited December 2009

I wonder if Cliokid's response changes when he knows its me as villain.

For people who are asking for results, hand did not go to showdown so offshoot does not know what I had, nor do we know v2 hand (although I can make a solid guess)

CoxyLboro

• edited December 2009
    i shove, if he had QQ/KK/AA im sure he would've re-raised you and wanted the money in pre-flop
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: i has an overpair, 3bet pot facing a squeeze:
    I wonder if Cliokid's response changes when he knows its me as villain. For people who are asking for results, hand did not go to showdown so offshoot does not know what I had, nor do we know v2 hand (although I can make a solid guess) CoxyLboro
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    Lol.

A9 5bet all-in FTW.

Oops.

Nearly got there mind you.
  • edited December 2009
    I think he's go the best hand. Probably hit his set.

He checks, intising a raise and then to re-raise you, even more so if your expecting this, as he's done it from the hand before.

Similiar to how Akenhead played the Poker Million HU
  • edited December 2009
    i folded to the raise by coxy, v2 called and coxy shoved an ace turn i think and v2 folded. I dont think there was anything else i could do here but fold really.
  • edited December 2009
    Do you fold if its me and you only to the flop?