You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was this correct?

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
First time trying to post a hand so apologies if this dosen't workThe villian hadn't really been getting out of line and when the pot size bet was made on the flop I put them on an overpair to the board and they were worried about possible flush/straight draws. On another table I had sets cracked twice by running flush draws when I tried to slow play them and I think that was playing on my mind when this hand came up. 
Now on NL4 (which I usually play) you will usually get a caller with an overpair and with previous hands having been sucked out on I went for the shove. The result is the result and I am not complaining as they had a flush draw, up and down straight draw plus 2 overs and they hit. What I am wondering is, was I the right to play the hand this way?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexSmall blind £0.04£0.04£5.55xBig blind £0.08£0.12£1.31 Your hole cards88   VRaise £0.32£0.44£7.90xCall £0.32£0.76£7.95xFold    dabossmanCall £0.32£1.08£6.87XFold    xCall £0.24£1.32£1.07Flop  598   XCheck    VBet £1.32£2.64£6.58xFold    dabossmanAll-in £6.87£9.51£0.00xFold    VCall £5.55£15.06£1.03vShowJ10   dabossmanShow88   Turn  2   River  7   VWinFlush to the Jack£13.93 £14.9

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Yes, you got your money in ahead, especially when you've hit your set as you remove outs. Unlucky really.
  • edited March 2013
    play the gamethe way you wanna dont let others contadict to u how to play thats whaty makes playin poker so good as we all play it fifferent
  • edited March 2013
    You're almost 60% favourite.
  • edited March 2013

Cant see stack sizes or betsizing but yeah, set of 8's, get it in! Just a standard outdraw, nowt you can do but get it in.

• edited March 2013
    Thanks for replying everyone.

Dr Sharp - I had over 7 and the villian was just over 8
  • edited March 2013
    if u move the bottom bar over so the bottom r/hand corner shows the money side of the hand when posting, b4 you move up going blue (think u move on bar to the right,with mouse).then the hand posts up perfectly
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    Ah Well, despite sucking out a few times last night I managed 5th in the 2k Mini Turbo BH and for someone as useless at tourneys as me, it feels like winning it lol.

Thanks for the advice Devon, I will try and see if I can post a hand properly next time :)
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Was this correct?:
    Ah Well, despite sucking out a few times last night I managed 5th in the 2k Mini Turbo BH and for someone as useless at tourneys as me, it feels like winning it lol. Thanks for the advice Devon, I will try and see if I can post a hand properly next time :)
    Posted by dabossman
    no worries m8
    just checked it...just click on bar at bottom of hand,click on it and move to the right.
    go blue
    job done.
    PS;after i have copied hand,i now press the x top right of page and leave that completely, as i found my hand sometimes posted properly and sometimes didn't.
    then i just go to forum as normal then poker clinic,etc and post hand and it works lovely every time.
    just a tip,works for me.
    dev