You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TEAM ORFORD- THE COMEBACK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soldiers of the Orford army!

Your leader has returned from an extended period of soul-searching and quiet reflection (and lack of access to the internet!)

Firstly- let us address the pain.

2-0.

Let us not beat about the bush- WE WOZ ROBBED.

The winner of the tournament was a thoroughbred Orfordite, and once again we went into the final table with more players.

So, how on earth have we lost the first two legs?

Here's my theory. Of the 826 official runners, I estimate at least 300 are sit-outs. And I believe the majority of them chose 'No preference’ when it came to deciding their team. I also believe I picked up the majority of these lily-livered lightweights, who then decided not to turn up.

This would account for the overwhelming presence of Team Tikayers on the tables and in the forum.

What does this mean, my loyal followers?

Two things- one- we are playing with one arm tied behind our backs, BUT- two- and here's the important bit, we’re still giving the massed ranks of Tikayers a run for their money. We take it to the wire every time despite the discrepancy in numbers.

THIS means the Orfordites who DO play are playing out of their skins. Pound for pound we’re the better team. Don’t believe me? Ask the suits to release the figures of how many players from each team are actually playing on the night.

I challenge you, Team Tikay- to produce the figures!

At first I was afraid, I was petrified (sorry, got stuck in a Gloria Gaynor groove for a second)- at first I was downhearted- I began to doubt myself - how could we possibly fight this battle when we’ve been unfairly hobbled before we’ve even begun?

But now, I’m warming to the idea that we can stick one back to the enemy, when they KNOW they have us outnumbered.

2-0 down? I like the odds. Let's take the fight to them and give them a few sleepless nights next week. 2-1 will get them thinking. And then ANYTHING can happen.

Remember a certain Dennis Taylor who played at the Sky Poker Tour in Manchester? In the 1985 World Snooker final he lost the first SEVEN frames against arguably the greatest snooker player of all time at the very peak of his powers.

Well, Taylor went on to clinch the title 18-17, after potting the final re-spotted black.

Now, if that can't inspire you. Nothing can.

NOTHING is impossible.

You want this £1000 free-roll don't you? You want to rub the Tikayers faces in it? You want to restore some pride to our team? Your job then, is to make sure every person on Team Orford is playing on Tuesday night. We need them all, because we will still be outnumbered.

Outnumbered but never outplayed! We have shown that if it was a level playing field we would have owned them. And they know it!

To arms, my fellow soldiers!  Tuesday night it’s all or nothing!!!

The greatest comeback in the history of Sky Poker......IS ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    nice speech orford, a tikay member salutes you!!!
  • edited December 2009
    MY GOD MY GREAT LEADER WHAT A SPEECH.ITS LEFT ME SPEECHLESS.dav
  • edited December 2009
    What certain people are seeming to forget is when it got down to around 80 players on Tuesday Night, i only had in the region of 7,500 chips and looked what i did after that and i cannot thank you enough your Lordship for the wonderful pep talk you gave me on the rails and it worked!.

I'm still convinced i won £105 and NOT £50 which means it should 1-1 and NOT 2-0 lol!!!!

It would be nice to win another TKO but as i'm a team player, any of my fellow Orfordites or even Jimbo Hartigan (if he bothers to turn up lol!) win it then i will be more than happy.

But have you seen THAT LOT sing on youtube recently (Get your ear plugs at the ready fellow Orfordites!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY&feature=fvst

• edited December 2009

I feel invigorated and ready for battle once again, great leader.  You make many valid points, which unfortunately will be derided by Team Tikay.

General Jaegerbomb has started to rally the troops and his work is much appreciated! 

I have stolen....ahem borrowed the enemy leader's powerful burgundy jacket (see avatar).  Just like Jason and his argonauts, I have gone to the ends of the earth to find the golden fleece oops, burgundy jacket! Surely his luck will run out now without the burgundy jacket!!!

We are still with you Lord Rich!

• edited December 2009
    Excellent speach, by an excellent leader if that dont get us gonig nothing will
  • edited December 2009
    if we dont win this now then rich it isn't for lack of effort!!!!

bloody marvelous
  • edited December 2009
    Nice speech Rich, nice song onlyonect, gl in pulling this back, think your going to need it:)
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks guys- we'll need each and every one of you to round up the troops and bring your A-Game to the tables next week!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

Quote from the live update thread from Tikay on Tuesday:

At 9.34, 18 left, top two are both Orforders, with a zillion tikayalots right behind, poised to pounce

OUTNUMBERED BUT NEVER OUTPLAYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    What a speech!!!
     I even thought I was in the wrong team( for a second)
    then this:
    "Outnumbered but never outplayed! We have shown that if it was a level playing field we would have owned them"

AS you can see you were outplayed!!!!!!!!!!!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceJingleMa Small blind  400.00 400.00 2510.00 Norbit Big blind  800.00 1200.00 3580.00   Your hole cards 10 10       zexzeeman Fold     RICHORFORD All-in  3610.00 4810.00 0.00 celtsfc Fold     DAIBOOT Call  3610.00 8420.00 4060.00 JingleMa Fold     Norbit Fold     RICHORFORD Show 4 4    DAIBOOT Show 10 10    Flop    2 A 5       Turn    K       River    5       DAIBOOT Win Two Pairs, 10s and 5s 8420.00
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

GO TEAM TIKAY

• edited December 2009
    how many times are you gonna post that daiboot? we have got the drift you finally won a hand, now get off our thread, this is for orfordites and we are back!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In my capacity of offical Orford Stalker i have watched your threads with interest. Although down you do a stirling job of rousing the troops after each and every defeat. Obviously your unfounded reasons are tosh and poppycock but i comend you for the imagination to come up with them. I take my hat off you to you Dark Lord - But how are you going to get Team Orford going after the challange is over but there's still 2 games to play????
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TEAM ORFORD- THE COMEBACK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    In my capacity of offical Orford Stalker i have watched your threads with interest. Although down you do a stirling job of rousing the troops after each and every defeat. Obviously your unfounded reasons are tosh and poppycock but i comend you for the imagination to come up with them. I take my hat off you to you Dark Lord - But how are you going to get Team Orford going after the challange is over but there's still 2 games to play????
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

We will fight to the death Aces! If we go down 3-0 down, we will finish the series 3-2!!!!

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TEAM ORFORD- THE COMEBACK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : We will fight to the death Aces! WHEN! we go down 3-0 down, we will finish the series 3-2!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Just had to correct your post there.......:)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TEAM ORFORD- THE COMEBACK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : We will fight to the death Aces! When we pull it back to 2-1, we will finish the series 3-2 up!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Lol, Max. Re-corrected and right back at ya...
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TEAM ORFORD- THE COMEBACK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : We will fight to the death Aces! WHEN we go down 5-0 down, we will finish the series Crying to ourselves, demanding re-counts and babbling on about it being 'fixed'!!!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Any better?........
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TEAM ORFORD- THE COMEBACK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : We will fight to the death Aces! If we go down 5-0 down, then Team Tikay will forever have that gnawing guilt that they didn't win it properly- a little like Thierry Henry must have felt when France qualified for the World Cup the other week. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD

I prefer this version...
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TEAM ORFORD- THE COMEBACK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : I prefer this version...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    PMSL.....bringing footy into a poker 'discussion'......how low can you go? (dont answer that!)
    And as for that handball......its not like us england fans would go on and on and on about it if say....a small south american chubby fellow did the same against us..........

Anyway, back to poker...............

TWO........NIL!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TEAM ORFORD- THE COMEBACK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : TWO........NIL!!!!!
    Posted by MAXALLY

Whatever...bubble boy.

;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TEAM ORFORD- THE COMEBACK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Whatever...bubble boy. ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    lol never mind Max it's nice to be remembered
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TEAM ORFORD- THE COMEBACK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : lol never mind Max it's nice to be remembered
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    It is acesover8........i remember you were the one that knocked richard orful out in the 1st TKO. Great job m8.
  • edited December 2009
    excellent words skipper.

I am now fully recovered and motivated, that nurse you sent round certainly did a good job also :):)

have told the oil rigs to stuff any work for the next 3 weeks.
  • edited December 2009
                                             2 - 0

Soon to be......

3 - 0
  • edited December 2009
    rich u cant think  your going to come back from 2 .0 down think u got one foot in the grave already  think next week u will dead and buried
  • edited December 2009
    lol  I like it King Richard, so funny it sounds like a "Peter Taylor" moment when he said to the  3rd linesman ... 'It's decisions like that that gets a manager the sack"  ..
    I was going to quote a "Life of Brian moment" but then realised I'm on your team...  eehk !!

Brian: Have I got a big nose, Mum?
    Brian?s mother: Stop thinking about s e x!
    Brian: I wasn't!
    Brian?s mother: You're always on about it. "Will the girls like this? Will the girls like that? Is it too big? Is it too small? "

I'm with you King Richard right behind ya mate ........ "sigh"  :))

• edited December 2009
    You been at the Christmas booze when you wrote this Richard? Most likely to be 3-0 than 2-1.

Tikay we salute you
  • edited December 2009
    .......... AND ENDS HERE
  • edited December 2009
    nice one  benny think is own team will sack him next week
  • FBSFBS
    edited December 2009

Rousing speech from the BOSS.....

And I like your logic Rich, how else can Team Tikay be ahead unless they dumped all the no shows on tream Orford...

Stands to reason ,

anyway I redeemed myself a bit this week after crashing out in 200th last week I managed to cash in 69th for Team Orford this week and stand ready to do my duty for you again next week....
  • edited December 2009
    You are so right, Rich.
    To quote (ok, paraphrase) better men than me:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that both teams were not created equal, that they were endowed by their Creator with certain undeniable biases, that among these were "all the sit-outs would be lumped onto Team Orford".

I think that it's pretty clear what has happened here and a public enquiry is due (unless we win 3-2 in which case "carry on as normal - nothing to see here").

• edited December 2009
    Great Speech Mr Orford - This week will be our finest hour.

And the biggest come back since Take That - The Bounty Hunter will finally get his man.