You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***** TUESDAY NIGHT LIVE, WITH JULES & REDMOND *****

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all!

For those of you that I haven't met yet, hiii!! I'm Jules, one of the newbie presenters joining the fab bunch here at Sky Poker. I've done my last two shows with Tikay, so it's my first time meeting Redmond tonight! Third time lucky apparently :) shh, don't tell Tikay!

Here's what you've got to look forward to tonight:

7pm – 8pm – TONIGHT ON SKY POKER

Primo final table coverage from Sunday 10th March

8pm – 9pm – Ask the Expert 
Requested hands and Poker questions for Redmond.             

9pm – 10pm - Sky Poker School 
Playing over pairs to the board – in MTTs  

10pm – 11pm – Sky Poker Highlights 
Live coverage of the late stages of the £5,000 Turbo Open

11pm – Midnight – Master Cash 
Live action from the Master Cash tables

So that's how tonight shapes up! I'm pretty surprised that I actually made it in for the show today, alive, warm, and on time! I live in Brighton, and if you've watched any of the news in the last 24 hours, you would've seen some horrendous reports about people sleeping in their cars, abandoning their cars on the motorway, all due to the snow. I was one of those people!!! Over 8 hours in my car, in the same spot on the road. Starving, bored out of my mind, and desperate for the toilet!! It was one of those moments where I wish I was a bloke...if you know what I mean! So after my epic journey home last night, I'd love to hear about your interesting and epic journeys, and funny tales of your road trips, perhaps to poker tourneys? And have you ever been stuck on a journey? Post on the forum and keep us entertained! And also, as it's my first time meeting Redmond, tell me some facts about him that you think I need to know! 

skyopen@bskyb.com
#skypokertv

We've got 4 seats into Thursday's Mini Bounty Hunter up for grabs for the 4 contributions we like the best, so get your questions and posts in before 11:45pm. 

See you at 7! xx

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Hi Jules.

Hope you have a great show tonight.

Interesting facts about Redmond..............

1. Unless you interupt him, he will keep talking all night :)
    2. He knows what he's talking about
    3. He knows he knows what he's talking about :)
    4. (You may be pleased to know) He knows nothing about Trains or Mallards (Unlike Tikay)
    5. He is listed on the "Hendon Mob" Database (Won a few quid too)

Car Trips.
    I was heading to the Sky Poker Tour @ Dusk Till Dawn (Nottingham) last year, when my clutch decided to give up. I contacted my brother who offered to take me if I payed for his fuel. I also offered to pay for him to enter one of the side events for helping me out.

I was over two and a half hours late arriving so was unable to enter the main event. We met up with a few players from Sky Poker and were looking forward to playing the side event later. Unfortunately, we were out getting food when there was an announcement that registration was limited in the side event as there were not enough dealers available.

When we got back from eating we went to the desk only to be told the tourney was full. So after breaking down and having an epic journey just to get there, paying twice for my fuel costs & a break down truck etc etc, we never got to play a single hand of poker (: Not to mention the 3 and a 1/2 hour lourney back home) 

I would have quite happily been stuck in the snow - It was like scoring a goal in the the last minute of the FA Cup Final only to have it disallowed lol - So close but so far :)

Question.
    Will Redmond be doing any analysis tonight with hidden "hole cards"?

Ps. Be gentle with him :) have a good one. 
  • edited March 2013
    Question for Redmond

How did he find the Sky poker cash game in comparrassion to other cash games v good players, and does he feel the TV aspect effected the dynamics? 

And on a sort of follow up question, in the hand where he had a gutshot (64 i think) v Sam Razvi's 97 when he treble barrel bluffed, he said after he knew Sam had a 9. Can explain what he was repping and why, and how often he feels Sam will fold that spot - if his read is correct?

Car trips, 

Given i dont drive im most likely at a disadvantage. however probably my most memorable trip was last year. We where comming back from an event in Nottingham, to get home was normally a good drive anyways. However we missed a turn off on a busy road meaning we couldn't do a uturn to correct the issue. The next turn off that took us even remotely in the right direction was a further 50 miles up the road. 

Having said that, we did get to see some great senery that we wouldn't have otherwise.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: ***** TUESDAY NIGHT LIVE, WITH JULES & REDMOND *****:
     Question. Will Redmond be doing any analysis tonight with hidden "hole cards"? Posted by POKERTREV
    Yes! We'll mask the hole cards during the Poker School, and we'll also mask the cards for any requested hands.
  • edited March 2013
    631828432 - Mastercash 2 

Flopping a flush in a limped pot, facing a c/r on a board pairing turn. Id like thoughts on my turn and river play.

I requested this in clinic for Friday. Would like to bring that forward if possible. Ignore result im wanting long term thoughts on this hand.
  • edited March 2013
    About 15/20 years ago, me and a mate decided to do a booze run to Calais, so off we set from Liverpool.
    Got to eastenders in Calais in the early hours and loaded up. My mate asked about some sigs, and the owner
    said he had another place in Belgium just over the border gave us a little map and off we went.
    Anyway we could not find the place, then my mate says look over there that place is all lite up
    that must be it. So we pulled in to this supermarket, and were met by about 20 armed police.
    The place had been broken into, after us, and the van being searched, passports checked they sent us back
    to the border with a DONT COME BACK ringing in our ears. 

Then in all the panic we took the wrong turn and ended up on a motorway going to Paris, after about 20 miles
    there was a turn off, but little did we know you had to pay to get off, and we didn't have a clue what the attendant
    was on about. After about 5 min he showed us some money and the penny dropped.
    We pulled away and in the panic pulled on to the motorway again, sod this i said and backed up till we
    could turn off again, you should have seen the face on the attendant he looked like he had seen a ghost, he just waved us through.

Then to put the top hat on it, every van got pulled over by customs in Dover and kept for another 3 hours.

When we eventually got home the missus says, where have you been you must have enjoyed yourself.
    l nearly strangled her....
  • edited March 2013
    Orford has a Hendon mob flag. It's DEFINITELY not just for legends. lol

Good evening, by the way.
  • edited March 2013

Hand History #631740470 (00:14 12/03/2013)

Master Cash 5p 10p table last night
    Can i get this hand analysed please.

Check flop for deception, on such a dry board, as it turns out i bet chances are i lose my customer!

On the turn, i'm thinking pot sized bet, if you have something JJs-KKs ur calling, unlikely event it;s AK/Q/J it's getting called.

When it's called i'm thinking they have a monster KK QQ.

River looks like a blank, didn't think KQ would call on a gut shot.

This player from what i had seen had played really tight. There was a pot last night with quad kings, and only bet 10p on river.

I ship river, don't know if this is the right move or not. Scared it goes check check, i was thinking if your calling abet youll call an all in.

Can i get some feedback on this hand.

Thanks

• edited March 2013

Eve Jules & Reds.

That tweet earlier could of been about this result from last night too....

£2,000 Bounty Hunter MINI Event   11th March 2013        MattBates 1st/580 £348 + £109.04 Head Prizes17
  • edited March 2013
    Hi,
    Mattbates was opening most hands with any two, and i had a tight image so with small stack, no-one else in the pot, so reckoned i could well be ahead, and with a tiny bit of fold equity as well, and it was my best hand for a while.
    any advice for playing with a hyper-aggro player immediately following?
  • edited March 2013
    The only secret I know about Redmond is that he got his user name because everytime he gets a bluff through he lets out a little laugh.

Could you show hand number 630165230 from Mastercash 2.  After flopping exactly what I wanted and getting two streets of value from my very good and aggressive opponant I faced a decision on the river.  Did I make the right decision?

Congratulations on your first post Jules
  • edited March 2013
    Eve Jules & Reds. That tweet earlier could of been about this result from last night too.... £2,000 Bounty Hunter MINI Event   11th March 2013                 MattBates   1st /580  £348 + £109.04 Head Prizes 17
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Evening Jules/Reds

I think Natalie's tweet was about my run of 9pm main win on Saturday/Primo win on Sunday and mini win on Monday night. I also managed a second in Thursdays 8pm main. It has been a pretty good week.

Can I just say thanks on behalf of the forums regs to Alan (Maxally) who is posting the results in the tournament results thread in the forum in GaryQQQ absence. It is a great way of finding out how people got on the previous night.

TommyD has said he is winning the 8pm main so I am having a night off to see if the old man can still do it!

Matt
  • edited March 2013

Hi guys I have a question for Reds. A lot of the time you see people playing lots of hands and saying things such as “the cards don’t matter” and “playing the player not the cards”, especially in position. When playing how true is this? Should we be entering pots with nothing at all such as 10 3 off for example or should all starting hands have some sort of high value or pair or connectedness when playing 6 max to nine handed? Does this make a difference for tournament poker or cash poker?

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: ***** TUESDAY NIGHT LIVE, WITH JULES & REDMOND ***** : Evening Jules/Reds I think Natalie's tweet was about my run of 9pm main win on Saturday/Primo win on Sunday and mini win on Monday night. I also managed a second in Thursdays 8pm main. It has been a pretty good week. Can I just say thanks on behalf of the forums regs to Alan (Maxally) who is posting the results in the tournament results thread in the forum in GaryQQQ absence. It is a great way of finding out how people got on the previous night. TommyD has said he is winning the 8pm main so I am having a night off to see if the old man can still do it! Matt
    Posted by MattBates

Cheers Matt! Now, about my 10% stake I had in you this week......:)
  • edited March 2013
    #631981538 (20:33 12/03/2013) In the BH mini turbo. I satted in and took an early head prize but still at around starting stack. Am I too eager to take the second head or should I be looking to stay clear of these early games bounty fights?
  • edited March 2013
    It's Longy as the name but no worries, and thanks for the advice!
  • edited March 2013
    JACKPOT 21:25 pm      

main mini both %  
    entered 180 497 82 46  
    left 34 147      

nin777 1 131      
    bromley04 5 106      
    kyp1961 8 10      
    wattsee01 12 129      
    andrew1961 32 136      
    wudibluff 33 105      

• edited March 2013
    8 hours stuck in your car?  That's nothing, it's taken Richard Orford 8 hours just to find his car in the Sky Poker car park.

Welcome to the forum Jules, your usual post show review will be coming later.  ;-)
  • edited March 2013
    I'd like to know how Redmond has done so well at poker, becoz on the basis of his hand reading skills tonight he should be as bad as me!!!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    hello Jules and Reds

good to see a new team in action

just watched Reds analysing a hand of mine on tv. i hadn't sent it in  i presume the player with KK had. the card covers were on. lolufold had to guess my hand on a 4 Q 2 J 2 board with 3 diamonds. i was first to act and chunky bet the river. all i cud think watching it was good luck rdmond guessing what i have cus i dont remember the hand and i hadnt got the foggiest!!!! Turns out i had 44 for the house MBN !! LOL

keeep up the good work guys!

memfno

PS think reds mite have let his notes on me slip with his after reveal comments ! lol
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks team for my mini entry from sunday!
    I made the top 40 and took 5 bounties!
    Pinch me! lol
  • edited March 2013
    If Sky Presenters could present any show which would they choose?

Sarah had "We are the Champions" named after her!
    Rich Orford would obviously qualify for "Extreme Fishing"

but what about the rest????????
  • edited March 2013
    Hi guys.

My fold was purely on reads on the player

Knew he was putting me on the type of hand i had and knew he only raises when he has me crushed in that spot.

In his seat i flat call all day there but we all play different ways.

Great show btw
  • edited March 2013

Good evening Jules and Redmond.

Sorry it's taken me all night to think of this question:

A few days ago another player and I had a bit of a debate on the idea of "Betting for information". Is it even possible to be betting solely "for information"? In Redmond's view, is there ever a good reason to do this?

Excellent show. You're quite good at this presenting malarkey, Ms. Sowa.

• edited March 2013
    Just going back to that hand with the QQ Guys

I reraise pre alot of the time there but i also like to mix it up a bit so decided to take a chance because i know i get a few streets of value on a safe board with position on stackers in the small blind but of course skitzs play changed all of that :)

Also can i just say that skitz isnt any sort of rock and is capable of moves etc but poker in my mind is player dependant and given the players who were in the pot i dont think he ever makes one there.

Thanks again.

Daz

• edited March 2013
    Congratulations to LARSON7, SORTOFBLUE, POKERTREV & TOMO_EFC who win free entry in to Thursday night's mini bounty hunter!
  • edited March 2013
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Thank you for the free entry - enjoyed the show Jules wd.

ps. Told you he knows what he's talking about - glad you managed to get a few words in though lol
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks for my entry, will get a few beers in for the game, but i won't be going to France for them..lol.
  • edited March 2013
    Congratulations to  LARSON7 , SORTOFBLUE , POKERTREV & TOMO_EFC who win free entry in to Thursday night's mini bounty hunter!
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    Cheers guys :)