You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Diary Section - Please Look TK/Sky

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Anyonbe else think it would be good to have a diary section?

Would be more used than most of the sections currently there
  • edited March 2013
    The only problem being that Poker Chat would be completely dead without them.
  • edited March 2013
    I am in favour of moving them to a separate section, they do tend to dominate the front page here on Poker Chat. I don't find them very interesting but I'm sure there are lots that do and it would make more sense to keep them all together
  • edited March 2013
    Been mentioned before, fine as it is - This section would be dead without them

• edited March 2013
    If you move the diarys, the team talks, the hand discussion and the brags beats and variance then what really is "general poker chat"
  • edited March 2013
    and why is the poker chat dead,i,ve been thinking about it recently wondering whats happend,it used to be vibrant and fun, thats all gone except for a few exceptions.
    its like that joke about when i walked into the pub with a mushroom and the barman says what are you doing with that mushroom and i tell him he,s a fungi to be with...there,s no fun guys left on the forum,sad really,tis a poker forum so i suppose we have to talk about poker
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Diary Section:
    and why is the poker chat dead,i,ve been thinking about it recently wondering whats happend,it used to be vibrant and fun, thats all gone except for a few exceptions. its like that joke about when i walked into the pub with a mushroom and the barman says what are you doing with that mushroom and i tell him he,s a fungi to be with...there,s no fun guys left on the forum,sad really,tis a poker forum so i suppose we have to talk about poker
    Posted by stokefc
    +1.

Poker chat used to have all sorts of news about the poker world and also some 'just for fun' threads. The odd diary was fine. DOHHHHHHH's and the dons cash diaries were really good but (and i hope nobody takes offence) everybody seems to be at it and its just flooded the poker chat section.
  • edited March 2013
    I personally think we should have a diary section
  • edited March 2013
    I agree, and will add that I think people might be more inclined to start threads if they did'nt get pushed off the front page so quickly
  • edited March 2013
     Maybe every forum has temporarily stopped having fun, it could be a world wide phenominnumb---phenombimnun----phemoninon----phenomnennom-----thing going on there?
  • edited March 2013
    pheromone? you mean everyone is at it elsewhere and are too busy to post?
    imho diaries are poker chat, so why move them? just so mr adhd doesn't have to press the next page button?
    I mean, even i've learnt how to do it......
  • edited March 2013

Suggestion - Just change this section to General Poker Chat.

• edited March 2013
    Thanks for all the posts!

My thourghts are it would be best to try and spread the 'action' along different sections. As the only 2 getting regular 'action' is this and Poker Clinic. 

I also feel like other people it would revive some of the general poker chat. As people who post in diarys daily wouldnt be bumped to the front whilst general chat pushed off the firts couple f pages after only a day or two. 

Se if sky sees this would be interesting to hear what they had to say
  • edited March 2013
    I think its fine as it is.

Sometimes the diaries do seem to take up a lot of the front page, HOWEVER most of the diaries seem to die within a couple of weeks as the OPs don't keep up with them.

The best of the diaries that are regularly updated are an important part of the forum and are of great general interest.

If it came a time that there were 15/20 diaries that were updated constantly at the same time, then maybe a seperate section would be a nice idea, but until then I think they add an awful lot to Poker Chat.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Diary Section - Please Look TK/Sky:
    I think its fine as it is. Sometimes the diaries do seem to take up a lot of the front page, HOWEVER most of the diaries seem to die within a couple of weeks as the OPs don't keep up with them. The best of the diaries that are regularly updated are an important part of the forum and are of great general interest. If it came a time that there were 15/20 diaries that were updated constantly at the same time, then maybe a seperate section would be a nice idea, but until then I think they add an awful lot to Poker Chat.
    Posted by scotty77
    We agree with this.
  • edited March 2013
    I think its fine as it is. Sometimes the diaries do seem to take up a lot of the front page, HOWEVER most of the diaries seem to die within a couple of weeks as the OPs don't keep up with them. The best of the diaries that are regularly updated are an important part of the forum and are of great general interest. If it came a time that there were 15/20 diaries that were updated constantly at the same time, then maybe a seperate section would be a nice idea, but until then I think they add an awful lot to Poker Chat.
    Posted by scotty77
    Yes i understand that.

I guess its just a matter of opinion.

My point is that you if you go to page 3 of Poker Chat you will find post '5 days old'. Whereas on BBV you get posts '5 days old' on page 1. My point is basically that taking out the diarys as a section would even it up a bit.

Also for people not interested in diarys they do not have to 'sift' through them. 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Diary Section - Please Look TK/Sky : Yes i understand that. I guess its just a matter of opinion. My point is that you if you go to page 3 of Poker Chat you will find post '5 days old'. Whereas on BBV you get posts '5 days old' on page 1. My point is basically that taking out the diarys as a section would even it up a bit. Also for people not interested in diarys they do not have to 'sift' through them. 
    Posted by sighcall
    Because more people look at GPC than BBV. Also only a sset few - me included - feed BBV with moans, or comments. 
  • edited March 2013

here is another suggestion...

why not give us a Diary section,and continue with Poker clinic section, and Sky Poker T.V channel

then amalgamate the others into a Poker chat section,which would or should leave this as the 'Main section'

if you like,leaving plenty of options for people to talk about.

"just saying"

(* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Diary Section:
     Maybe every forum has temporarily stopped having fun, it could be a world wide phenominnumb---phenombimnun----phemoninon----phenomnennom-----thing going on there?
    Posted by oynutter
    this sticks in my mind,it was even funnier with an irishman trying to say it..bloopers eh
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by scotty77
    +1