You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bit of advice please

_G__G_
edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi everyone
i have noticed a few times, players moving seats, i haven't given it much thought in past.

my question is why are they doing it, they are sitting on my direct left, then move to my direct right, have i been doing something wrong, or nothing to worry to much about.

Glen

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Lots of reasons. 

If im honest its awkward to say, 

a) they see you as a weaker player

b) they find it awkward being OOP to you 

c) favourite seat 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: bit of advice please:
    c) favourite seat 
    Posted by The_Don90
    That made me lol, obv your not going to risk losing your chair by standing and sitting again just to get your fave seat. You just rotate clockwise or anticlockwise as necessary.

People might not even be moving seats because of you. It might be somebody else they want position on.

If I see a lolbad player I will move into the seat directly after them if it becomes free.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: bit of advice please : That made me lol, obv your not going to risk losing your chair by standing and sitting again just to get your fave seat. You just rotate clockwise or anticlockwise as necessary. People might not even be moving seats because of you. It might be somebody else they want position on. If I see a lolbad player I will move into the seat directly after them if it becomes free.
    Posted by calcalfold

Believe it or not there is people out there who do,. They have a "lucky" seat meaning they have to sit in that, and its not "lucky" if you rotate. 
  • edited March 2013
    Donald we don't need to know about your superstitions ;)
  • zzrzzr
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: bit of advice please : Believe it or not there is people out there who do,. They have a "lucky" seat meaning they have to sit in that, and its not "lucky" if you rotate. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    I think you have give your game away there Don90 lol
  • _G__G_
    edited March 2013
    Yeh i understand that might be there luck seat, but i was wondering if it might have been me, there again it could be the player in front of him, it just seemed strange, he didn't last long when he moved but it still seemed strange to me, still learning and thought it might be me.

this play was to my right, followed me then moved to my left in front of me.

Glen
  • edited March 2013
    Yeh i understand that might be there luck seat, but i was wondering if it might have been me, there again it could be the player in front of him, it just seemed strange, he didn't last long when he moved but it still seemed strange to me, still learning and thought it might be me. this play was to my right, followed me then moved to my left in front of me. Glen
    Posted by _G_
    I will always try to be to the left of a strong player (esp. TINTIN) even at my level of NL4.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: bit of advice please : I will always try to be to the left of a strong player (esp. TINTIN) even at my level of NL4.
    Posted by pilgrim07
    Highlighting that people can want position on strong or weak players.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: bit of advice please : Highlighting that people can want position on strong or weak players.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I attempted to do that point, seems everyone focused on my other answer sigh
  • edited March 2013
    position is key to your play i aways want to be after players who are very tight and passive post flop.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: bit of advice please : I attempted to do that point, seems everyone focused on my other answer sigh
    Posted by The_Don90
    We understood you Don!