You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTTs vrs Cash

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
Played the £150 turbo tournament tonight, most stressful game ever!

I knew it was a turbo, never new it was a turbo turbo lol Even tho it was a turbo bubble seemed to go on foreverrr lol

I ended up cashing in 4th place, after a terrible run in MTT's.

Only £15, but not bad for a £2 entry.

I wonder if playing cash has affected my MTT game, before i used to play mostly MTTs and once i knew what i was doing (started playing bout year and a half ago), i was actually doing alrite. I had a period where i played 10 and final tabled on 3, coming 1st /2nd in 2 of them. Since then when i started playing a lot of cash i've done nothing in any MTT tournie.

At that point shark scope was going up, where as today it's lower than when i had started to do alrite in MTTs, which is the time i was playing a lot more cash.

-------------------

The hand that killed me in the mtt
warren1967 Small blind  6000.00 6000.00 49190.00
LARSON7 Big blind  12000.00 18000.00 23675.00
  Your hole cards

pecosbck Fold     
Tsaaaar All-in  31410.00 49410.00 0.00
warren1967 Fold     
LARSON7 Call  19410.00 68820.00 4265.00
LARSON7 Show

Tsaaaar Show
  • Q
  • J

Flop

• Q
  • Q

Turn

• J

River

• A

Tsaaaar Win Full House, Queens and Jacks

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Super standard call there, anything other than a call would be terrible, just ul.

But wow, I know it's a turbo but unless you guys are all short, looks like it's some pretty shallow play!

Blind jumps in them (and all games really) need to be smaller. Same blind speeds, but smaller incremental increases.
  • edited March 2013
    lol mate it was mental

Every1 had bout 8 bb, no1 had over 10bb, as soon as i went out, 3rd player went out, and it wasover a couple of hands later.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah some of the turbo structures are pretty awful, some are ok but it's a real mixed bag. I remember I got deep in one and was 2nd out of the remaining 10 players and I had 7.5xBB !!