You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Going broke with aces

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Hey guys

I'm after abit of advice of how not to go broke with aces and raise recommendations etc.
 Last two tournaments have lost with aces, once to a flip 8s v aces out comes trips, however today blinds 400/800 2 people min raised I 3 bet to 3600 in the bb, both call, money gos in i call and other player turns over 2 pair, am I playing the hand wrong or is it just down to bad luck?!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    If you've got them all in pre flop you've done everything you need to do.  Keep racing vs 8s you'll be fine.

Whether you could've done anything else in the other scenario depends on stack sizes, and whether you meant min-raise call, or min raise followed by a min 3-bet. If the latter I just throw all in (assuming we're not stupid deep) but sounds like your 3600 is too short.
  • edited March 2013

Aces vs 8s preflop you have got it in 4/1, so cant ask for better than that, just unlucky on this occasion.

2nd hand, you have min raised, so other 2 players are not going to be going anywhere. Having these 2 players in, you are reducing the chances of aces holding up. You need to raise a lot stronger here.

If you are pretty deep re pop to about 4500-5000. If shorter maybe just shove, or massive raise, and ship flop.