You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What are your goals for 2010 in poker?

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Just wondering if anyone had any goals they want to achieve in 2010.
Mine is to finish in the top 20 for profit in MTTs on Sharkscope. Now that the open has the better structure its not such a luckfest and I have found myself in the cash on a regular basis and winning 1 of them. My aim is to win 2 or 3 opens in 2010.
With 1000's of players on sky it will be tough but will be a great feeling if i can do it.

My other goal is to qualify for vegas. Although it might not please my other half leaving her with 3 kids for 2 weeks or my boss when I have to take 2 weeks holiday!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I currently run a small recreational amount of money on Sky and only really use sky for fun as i play PLO cash mainly. With the soon to arrive PLO tables here i am hoping to make some large deposits and run a bankroll on Sky.

I'm hoping to make some money during the PLO early stages when far more inexperianced players at this game should be dropping money at reasonable levels.

Apart from that i'd like to win an Open as i have Final Tabled a couple but never taken one down.

I'm looking forward to being on the winning side of the TKO and i would like to make enough Money per month over 2010 to be able to double up monthly payments on my Bank loan, 2 years to run on it so if i can cash off an additional payment per month while still increasing My BR by reasonable percentages then this time next year im Debt free lol (the additional payment per month wil lbe being made come what may but it would be nice if i could pay it from poker earnings rather than the day job lol)

I also plan to play as many WCOOP eevnts next year as work permits and a big ambition of mine would be to run deep in one of these
  • edited December 2009
    MY MAIN AIM IS NOT TO GO BUST !!!  JUST WANT TO KEEP IMPROVING MY GAME AND HOPEFULLY A FEW GOOD WINS WILL FOLLOW . OH , AND TO WIN THE WSOP MAIN EVENT WEARING A SKYPOKER T.SHIRT .
  • edited December 2009
    My aim is to put £100 into my personal account on Jan 1st and out do Richard Orford in his Bank Roll Chanllenge..

Don't tell him this.. or he'll get all competitive and start playing like a mad man.... On second thoughts.. TELL HIM!!

;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: What are your goals for 2010 in poker?:
    My aim is to put £100 into my personal account on Jan 1st and out do Richard Orford in his Bank Roll Chanllenge.. Don't tell him this.. or he'll get all competitive and start playing like a mad man.... On second thoughts.. TELL HIM!! ;)
    Posted by LML
    I think that ship has already sailed, Lisa-Marie. :-)

Good luck with your challenge.
  • edited December 2009

My aim is not to touch my bank account but to continue to play from the profit that I have made since getting a free seat into the £12K Bounty Hunter 3 weeks ago.

• edited December 2009
    my aim to win the 2010 wsop lol
  • edited December 2009

My only goal is to be at the wsop 2010. Any event will do!!!

• edited December 2009
    MY AIM FOR 2010 IS TO WIN 1 8.00 PM TOURNY EITHER A B/H WHICH I NEARLY ALWAYS RUN DEEP IN OR AN OPEN.EVEN AS A STARTER I WOULD WILLINGLY ACCEPT A FINAL TABLE.GL TO ALL
  • edited December 2009
    Probably to work my way up the levels in DYM, £11 is the goal.
  • edited December 2009
    My aim is too win, thats if sky poker will let me keep getting so many bad beats int unbelievable. so my aim is
                                                      TO WIN a game or even TWoooooooo
  • edited December 2009

My main aim is to up my game, i currently play 60p dym and regularly cash, so i would like to play more £1/2 dym, and maybe also start taking that knowledge and trying my luck at some of the sats that run and try to get through to some of the bigger tourni's (open etc). Only my bank roll stops me taking part on the bigger one's.

And lastly i would like to test my game against a pro at some point, wether it be a sky poker presenter/player or by chance come up against a pro in a mtt etc.

• edited December 2009
    my aim is try not to lose but increase my br
  • edited December 2009
    My aim is to enjoy playing the game i love :)
  • edited December 2009
    My main aim is to up my game, i currently play 60p dym and regularly cash, so i would like to play more £1/2 dym, and maybe also start taking that knowledge and trying my luck at some of the sats that run and try to get through to some of the bigger tourni's (open etc). Only my bank roll stops me taking part on the bigger one's. And lastly i would like to test my game against a pro at some point, wether it be a sky poker presenter/player or by chance come up against a pro in a mtt etc.
    Posted by EDKENT123
    Hi Ed,

The sats pay 1 in 5 to the open etc so even if not quite within your current bankroll why not just take a shot at the sat anyway? Due to the value of being in a 5k gtd tourney for £2.40 eevn a nominal cash in one of these will add substantially to your BR. While bankroll managment is thought of as essential it is still OK to take a shot every now and again
  • edited December 2009
    My aims are high, but if I put my mind to it I beleive acheivable:

I hope to be still playing poker for a living throughout the whole year and hopefully win a big buyin turney live.
  • edited December 2009
    Well I've always wanted a WSOP bracelet, so.........

On the other hand, I could play poker all year without putting a single deposit in to my Sky Poker account ........

Can't decide 

Bracelet or year no cost poker.......

2010 is a busy year for me so I'll dump the WSOP tour and just stick to Sky Poker 

I really would like to play in a live Sky Poker Tournament, so I'll be having a go at some of the satellite events me thinks 
  • edited December 2009

FINALLY kick the habit of tilting for good, a whole year without doin t wud be nice, got upto 7 months until this sunday :(

Lose my tag as an a rsehole on the sky poker forums.

Make more BIG folds, to go with the BIG calls I pride myself on making.

Fold an overpair to the board when BIGSHANN tells me to :)

Make alot of money :):):)

DOHH

• edited December 2009
    Nothing too drastic for me really. My main goal really is just to have one decent cash in one of the 8pm tourneys. Winning one would be fantastic but right now I'll be more than happy with a final table
  • edited December 2009
    MY GOALS ARE

1. To make a dinner break in a SKY POKER TOUR event
    2. To be as good at poker as Chompy_imo
    3. To wear a burgundy jacket at least once at a live poker event.
    4. To have more fun than the previous year (not sure that is possible!) and to make more money.
    5. To win the 7.30 22 Deepstack once a month (so 12 times at least)
    6. To win a Velocity or BH tournament.
    7. To win an 8pm Open tournament.
    8. To knock Richard Orford out of a tournament at least 12 times
    9. To knock Tikay out of a tournament at least once
    10. To satellite into a large buyin live tournament.

That is all for the moment... I'm sure i can think of more... Oh and yes i really will do all of the above, number 2 being the most difficult. no. 8 is a doddle!
  • edited December 2009
    to win my first mtt? still waiting but i havent played much becuase i cant afford to at this time of year
  • edited December 2009
    OOOOPS clicked the wrong link here sorrryyyyyyyy. Ignore the above! DOHHHHHHHHHHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi Dohhhhhhhh

Just for information you can actually delete/amend your previous posts by using the links at the bottom of the post.

Steve
  • edited December 2009
    My aim for 2010 is 2 actually win a tourny

OH

And not 2 shoot anybody
  • edited December 2009
    my aim to win the 2010 wsop lol
    Posted by scrumdown
    Sorry tanky, there's a minimum standard requirement.
  • edited December 2009
    I would love to contiune to boost my bankroll and continue enjoying playing.

Main goal is to take down a large runner mtt
  • edited December 2009
    two goals for me,
    1. Get good enough to fund my poker from poker!!

2. Win another satt, would you believe it the only one i entered i won a seat in the 12k bounty hunter.......on the day the system crashed and they cancelled it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: What are your goals for 2010 in poker? : Hi Ed, The sats pay 1 in 5 to the open etc so even if not quite within your current bankroll why not just take a shot at the sat anyway? Due to the value of being in a 5k gtd tourney for £2.40 eevn a nominal cash in one of these will add substantially to your BR. While bankroll managment is thought of as essential it is still OK to take a shot every now and again
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    thanks for the solid advice, your right. perhaps just taking a fit and going for it should be the thing to do every now and then
  • edited December 2009
    My only ambition is to try to increase my current bankroll and not make any deposits during 2010.
    I will play within my BR and I will move up a level when it allows me to.
    I would like to play a few more of the main event MTT but I will only try to satellite in when the BR allows it.
  • edited December 2009
      For me it is to increase my bankroll and to finally get my head around the cash game.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: What are your goals for 2010 in poker? : Sorry tanky, there's a minimum standard requirement.
    Posted by Chompy_imo
    lol..... thanks :-)
  • edited December 2009
    to keep enjoying the game and not deposit any money into my account all year.