You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

no paired board is safe to be unexpected at micro stake

first it was 32 v KK now KKvs 85 and 65 the fact that they can get a flush easier makes villians call almost any suited hand preflop so if ax is not enough of a problem xsys is also a big part too. meaning any carded paired is still dangerous

can60 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £13.20
craigcu12 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £8.85
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Cash_Daddy Fold     
xRaise  £0.50 £0.65 £24.17
can60 Fold     
craigcu12 Raise  £1.10 £1.75 £7.75
xCall  £0.70 £2.45 £23.47
Flop

craigcu12 Bet  £1.23 £3.68 £6.52
xCall  £1.23 £4.91 £22.24
Turn

craigcu12 Bet  £4.91 £9.82 £1.61
xRaise  £9.82 £19.64 £12.42
craigcu12 All-in  £1.61 £21.25 £0.00
xUnmatched bet  £3.30 £17.95 £15.72
craigcu12 Show
  • K
  • K

xShow

River

craigcu12 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £15.44
Cash_Daddy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £12.46
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

yCall  £0.10 £0.25 £21.22
tequilalv Fold     
xCall  £0.10 £0.35 £13.02
Glentelli Fold     
craigcu12 Raise  £0.50 £0.85 £14.94
Cash_Daddy Fold     
yCall  £0.45 £1.30 £20.77
xCall  £0.45 £1.75 £12.57
Flop

• J

craigcu12 Bet  £1.31 £3.06 £13.63
yCall  £1.31 £4.37 £19.46
xCall  £1.31 £5.68 £11.26
Turn

craigcu12 All-in  £13.63 £19.31 £0.00
yAll-in  £19.46 £38.77 £0.00
xAll-in  £11.26 £50.03 £0.00
yUnmatched bet  £5.83 £44.20 £5.83
craigcu12 Show
  • K
  • K

yShow

xShow

River

• A

not even FHs with the pair being quite well apart from the others.
craigcu12 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £8.53
Cash_Daddy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £12.05
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

tequilalv Call  £0.10 £0.25 £9.60
stevepop Call  £0.10 £0.35 £4.70
jojo24 Fold     
craigcu12 Raise  £0.35 £0.70 £8.18
Cash_Daddy Fold     
tequilalv Call  £0.30 £1.00 £9.30
stevepop Call  £0.30 £1.30 £4.40
Flop

• Q
  • Q

craigcu12 Bet  £0.65 £1.95 £7.53
tequilalv Fold     
stevepop Call  £0.65 £2.60 £3.75
Turn

• J

craigcu12 Check     
stevepop Check     
River

craigcu12 Bet  £1.30 £3.90 £6.23
stevepop All-in  £3.75 £7.65 £0.00
craigcu12 Call  £2.45 £10.10 £3.78
craigcu12 Show
  • J
  • J

stevepop Show
  • Q

Comments

• edited March 2013
    l know its frustrating when at low stakes these donkeys hit, the main thing is how you play your hands and the decisions you make. the hand when you bet the turn and you get two callers, you have to then put one caller on a 5 which they have now trips, so the all in on turn is a bad play, knowing you may only get a call if one caller has the 5. like me who also plays at low stakes you have to change your atitude o the donkeys hit sometimes and adjust your game.

• edited March 2013
    Hand 1 - small 3bet size, it's barely double his raise. You should be going like £1.50ish imo. C-bet is too small, then out of no-where you just mash the full pot button on the turn (this is too big). Obviously can't fold once you've potted it.

Hand 2 - Good size ofr the iso pre. Flop is fine, turn is really really really bad. You've jammed for twice the size of the pot, the only hands that you beat that you can expect to call are QQ and AJ and these aren't even definitely going to call. (dependent on the player).

Hand 3 - Bad raise size. You are literally in EXACTLY the same position as hand 2, and yet you raise to 50p there with KK and 35p here with JJ, it's so exploitable if you're doing this. This should also be a raise to 50p same as the KK hand. I'd c-bet more like 80p here, and that's the same size I'd be using if I'd iso'd with AQ, or JTs. When you bet the flop and then hit the miracle turn card you have to bet. Obviously never folding river, just unlucky.

One thing I would say is that 10NL is very different from 4NL in some ways. You will still still get plenty of players playing just as bad as the ones at 4NL do, but imo not nearly half as many as you do at 4NL. Be wary of nut peddlers, you should learn fairly quickly which players only ever raising post-flop with big made hands. Still plenty of people calling too often pre, calling too much OOP, calling bets post flop with terrible pot odds etc but imo here is defiitely where you want to be focusing on getting some of the good foundations layed down firmly in your game. For instance, at 4NL I don't think it's that important to be balanced, I don't think there's any problem with raising 3x w/ 66 but 5x with AA @4NL, you just won't get exploited, but at 10NL people will start to pick up on it.

P.S. That overbet jam really is the worst thing in this thread, you need to think about when you make that bet what you want. Do you want people with FDs to fold? Why? Do you ever expect anyone to fold a better hand than yours? How many worse hands will call a bet of that size? etc
  • edited March 2013
    hi Craig.
    played on your table and you did get unlucky a number of times on Friday night.
    not a whole lot u can do when ahead up to the river and opponents hit.
    as to these hands;

the kk hand yeah once the 2nd 2 comes...u bet pot get reraised...think u r in trouble
    (maybe ch /call or even ch/fold there) it's tough but u need to look at this

next KK hand; you have invested 55p pre-flop  once u bet flop & get 2 callers...why?
                         don't like the all-in not even against 1 player especially 2

jj hand; raise bigger pre to 80-90p. you could have/should have bet the turn & not given free card. after that unlucky.being critical,as u must to iron out these little mistakes,which cost us so much, u could fold to his all-in bet,but i don't see myself doing it either tbh.
    if u did fold every time someone played back at you,then you would lose playing that way too.

it's so easy losing your stack with just 1 pair,i know don't i.  lol
    i'm now either betting much bigger pre flop with them,hoping to get rid of rubbish hands,happy taking it down there and then or hopefully getting just 1 caller.then...
    from the flop onwards i've almost made my mind up whether to 'go with my 1 pair'(as i did with that big AA hand i won)(also need good notes which helps...doesn't mean u will get it right every time though)
    or if danger signs come ie;paired board flush draws obviously,then u will have to think diferently and play defensively rather than attacking with 'all guns blazing'

taken me quite some time working out how to play these big pairs craig,and i'm still working on it.
    i was even throwing QQ & KK away pre-flop not very long ago,as i got fed up losing with them.  lol
    it's for me now either all-out attack or defend and  call down or reluctantly fold with them.
    knowing when to do which is the key to playing them,i feel.
    that's not to say i'm right,just how i'm playing them atm.
    gl
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    First hand I dont understand why you cbet so small and turn bet so big.

Second hand, thats just a terrible shove, your hardly ever beating anything that calls (QQ, AJ,QJ,TJ - and even thats being generous), and losing to a lot of hands (JJ,AA,A5,K5,Q5,J5,T5,95,85,65,55,45,35,25). So yes the villain calling pre was bad, but your shove is like ten times worse.

But generally I still think you are too transparant in your plays, thats fine at 4nl but I think it will start to get exploited at 10nl. I dont know the players in the hands against you, but its too much of an assumption to label them bad. They might just be laggros who know what hand you have and know if they get the right flop they will stack you because you almost always have a high pair (granted probably not the case in hand 1, that was just idiotic peeling with 23, but the 85 hand it might have been possible).

I advise adding some suited cons/low pps into your raising range in late position.

Having seen a lot of your post history, I am inclined to think you a shove a lot of the time when you dont want to fold your hand, but dont actually know what to do with it.

There is a heads up video that helped my loads when I used to play hu, there is a particluar hand that explains what I am trying to get at. If you are interested the link is

http://www.deucescracked.com/videos/27-Mentor/1245-Ansky-1-100NL-Heads-Up

Hand that has some relevance is at 8minutes, more the concept of shipping than anything might be of some help.