You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Easy Fold?

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
AK, guy goes all in out of now where on river, thought it was an insta fold
ScottLieb Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.63
JJJS01 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.16
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

LARSON7 Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £3.20
demondave Fold     
jack100 Fold     
ScottLieb Call  £0.14 £0.36 £6.49
JJJS01 Call  £0.12 £0.48 £3.04
Flop

• K

ScottLieb Bet  £0.04 £0.52 £6.45
JJJS01 Raise  £0.08 £0.60 £2.96
LARSON7 Raise  £0.16 £0.76 £3.04
ScottLieb Call  £0.12 £0.88 £6.33
JJJS01 Call  £0.08 £0.96 £2.88
Turn

• J

ScottLieb Check     
JJJS01 Check     
LARSON7 Bet  £0.20 £1.16 £2.84
ScottLieb Raise  £0.40 £1.56 £5.93
JJJS01 Fold     
LARSON7 Call  £0.20 £1.76 £2.64
River

ScottLieb All-in  £5.93 £7.69 £0.00
LARSON7 Fold     
ScottLieb Muck     
ScottLieb Win  £1.62  £1.62
ScottLieb Return  £5.93

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Yeh one pair is almost never good with this action. Mininum 2 pair, I'm guessing a set...
  • edited March 2013
    You'd definitely need notes to say you've seen him overbet spew rivers like this before with junk/air/1pr etc to make this call.

99% of the time it's a really easy fold.
  • edited March 2013

any reasons behind your bet sizes on the flop + turn?

why are you effectively min-raising the flop, and why would you bet ~20% pot on the turn?
  • edited March 2013
    Check your open size pre cos in your other hand you opened 3x utg with A7hh, and in this hand with a strong hand you opened 4x utg - just making sure it isn't a sizing tell

just call otf, if we have good reason to raise then make it bigger. Again bet bigger on the turn if we feel we're ahead of villains range and can get value, we're so crushed when he raises but kinda have to call cos of the price we're getting. 

easy fold otr
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Easy Fold?:
    any reasons behind your bet sizes on the flop + turn? why are you effectively min-raising the flop, and why would you bet ~20% pot on the turn?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    The min bet on the flop is a bit biazarre, raise, min reaise, min reraise, i think i didnt want to inflate the pot? I should have just called.

The small turn bet, is just a feeler bet really, something was starting to smell funny lol

And this was compounded on river.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Easy Fold?:
    In Response to Re: Easy Fold? : The min bet on the flop is a bit biazarre, raise, min reaise, min reraise, i think i didnt want to inflate the pot? I should have just called. The small turn bet, is just a feeler bet really, something was starting to smell funny lol And this was compounded on river.
    Posted by LARSON7

nooooooooooooooooo

pf bigger with stronger is good at lower limits, until people notice. 

flop BET LIKE A MAN

on the flop theres 60 p in the pot 8p to call, we have AK on K32r  RAISE LIKE A MANNNNN 50p to go

as is bet like a man on the turn, you can possibly fold to the turn c/mr with reads, otherwise call and re-evaluate the rivercards.  on the river fold because you have now let him draw cheaply and lots of draws have hit. 

As played on flop, bet turn 75p.

if you'd bet 50p 1 call. jam the turn.