You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£11 B/H

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Is this a correct shove given we have just broken the bubble?
I have them both covered so if i get a call i am getting better odds because of the heads. (£6.25 and £7.81) If not i add 10%.
So any ideas and reasons will be much appreciated!
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancebainy1987Sit out    empee381Small blind 300.00300.004910.00UNEVERDIDBig blind 600.00900.004387.50 Your hole cards89   mr_mcFold    MRBURNS4Fold    sighcallAll-in 9740.0010640.000.00empee381Fold    UNEVERDIDAll-in 4387.5015027.500.00sighcallUnmatched bet 4752.5010275.004752.50UNEVERDIDShowAQ   sighcallShow89   Flop  565   Turn  K   River  3   UNEVERDIDWinPair of 5s10275.00 10275.0

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I can't see small blind stack. If he has ~8bb I think just open shoving is fine. If he has 10bb+ I think I min raise/call off
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: £11 B/H:
    I can't see small blind stack. If he has ~8bb I think just open shoving is fine. If he has 10bb+ I think I min raise/call off
    Posted by percival09
    You've totally baffled me this time!!!!

Induce w/ 9 high?

level?

OP I would just fold. If we were shorter, and maybe if they were deeper, I'd like the shove better.

We're going to get called wide now the bubble has gone and people are trying to spin up.
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by percival09
    he has 5k.

For some reason my posts always do this. To see stacks you just have to highlight anywhere in the hand history and drag right.

Thanks
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: £11 B/H : You've totally baffled me this time!!!! Induce w/ 9 high? level? OP I would just fold. If we were shorter, and maybe if they were deeper, I'd like the shove better. We're going to get called wide now the bubble has gone and people are trying to spin up.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Tbh i think this is what i know i should have done. Everyone was quite short so i was about 4th/12 before the shove.

My thinking is in all of these tornies i always go deep but never get bounties. And I thourght this was my chance.

I guess I thourght with 98 i was flipping against most hands that call. 

Also i get £5 from his bounty which = 2k chips? so im risking 5k for about a 13.5k - 14k return? surely this makes a better shove?

But yes people will call wide so prob best just to fold up and ladder, untill i get a big hand obv haha

• edited March 2013
    I like the move if you have more chips but you lose and you have less than 10bb and will get called wide in bounty hunters so you then rely on getting hands/hands holding up. It does depend a bit on how the table is playing. Also I actually prefer the play before being in the money. This way you are putting players to the test as they are likely to want to get itm whereas now players are in much more of a gamble mode having made the cash.
  • edited March 2013
    medium sc hands are very nice when playing deeper and multi-way, but lose their value when just hu aipf. Prefer to stick to high cards for this type of move when the odds of a call are relatively high due to stack sizes and being itm.
  • edited March 2013
    Pre bubble, good ship to put the pressure on. Post bubble not so much.

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: £11 B/H : You've totally baffled me this time!!!! Induce w/ 9 high? level? OP I would just fold. If we were shorter, and maybe if they were deeper, I'd like the shove better. We're going to get called wide now the bubble has gone and people are trying to spin up.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOLOLOLOL

WTF.

I swear he had JJ! I'd put money on it. WTF lolol
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: £11 B/H : LOLOLOLOL WTF. I swear he had JJ! I'd put money on it. WTF lolol
    Posted by percival09
    huh?