You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why do we need to keep things clean when this is an 18+ site?

edited December 2009 in The Shed
i'm not having a go or anything and i dont mind it being clean,but i was just curious as to why?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Because sky say so ,so just do as ure told and keep it clean ..........jk, I totaly agree with you i got sencered for writeing p.r,a,t.
  • edited December 2009

Because you wouldn't wanna offend sky Santa and sky rudolph wud ya ;)

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    I think the words are censored to the extreme on here!!! okies sure yeah censor the very naughty words lol but p,r,a,t!?!? come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn now!!!

Also perhaps the youtube thread seeming as it's just links, can't you write a warning message stating that some may find offensive, view at your own risk! Simples, everyone happy =]
  • edited December 2009
    hey guys,

ok i think i need to clear a few things up for you all.

yes sometimes we do have to be slightly strict when it comes to moderating. the reason being that sky poker is part of sky and rules that sky impose on their forums apply in exactly the same way here on this forum.

we simply cant allow abusive content and if we did we may loose the forum altogether. i'm sure you wouldn't want that would you?

if you do have anything moderated please remember we are not trying to annoying you or single anyone out we are just sticking to the rules and trying to make this a welcoming, friendly community to be part of.

that sound ok?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: why do we need to keep things clean when this is an 18+ site?:
    hey guys, ok i think i need to clear a few things up for you all. yes sometimes we do have to be slightly strict when it comes to moderating. the reason being that sky poker is part of sky and rules that sky impose on their forums apply in exactly the same way here on this forum. we simply cant allow abusive content and if we did we may loose the forum altogether. i'm sure you wouldn't want that would you? if you do have anything moderated please remember we are not trying to annoying you or single anyone out we are just sticking to the rules and trying to make this a welcoming, friendly community to be part of. that sound ok?
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    I think slightly strict is a complete understatement lol! b00bs aren't abusive they're rather the opposite lol
    As I had to say yesterday to someone else (why is everyone called Rich?!!? ha) I understand it's your job to do this!
    We're not trying to corrupt the forum and make it an unfriendly atmosphere, I like the jokey banter on here, allow the word b00bs!
  • edited December 2009

i fully understand nasty words C U Next Tuesday  etc, but please explain this why the heck is F I X a banned word.... i kid u not try typing that one in the chat box... what next i won is banned

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: why do we need to keep things clean when this is an 18+ site?:
    In Response to Re: why do we need to keep things clean when this is an 18+ site? : I think slightly strict is a complete understatement lol! b00bs aren't abusive they're rather the opposite lol As I had to say yesterday to someone else (why is everyone called Rich?!!? ha) I understand it's your job to do this! We're not trying to corrupt the forum and make it an unfriendly atmosphere, I like the jokey banter on here, allow the word b00bs!
    Posted by ness4
    lol 

(.)(.)
  • edited December 2009
     ok I understand skys policy about keeping the chat clean cos some language is just totally unacceptable and not all ppl want 2 hear lewd chat (and no Im NOT a prude) but ther are some words that arnt that bad.

da mn for instance

I use it loads but its not offensive
  • edited December 2009
    well there you have it diablo pez has full stopped this convo
  • edited December 2009
     ok I understand skys policy about keeping the chat clean cos some language is just totally unacceptable and not all ppl want 2 hear lewd chat (and no Im NOT a prude) but ther are some words that arnt that bad. da mn for instance I use it loads but its not offensive
    Posted by xFALLENx
    xFALLENx Im soooooooooooooo offended how dare you use the da mn in this friendly forum, i feel the need to moan now.... lol

its crazy is'nt it
  • edited December 2009
    another tip is not to mention anything that might be classed as libel.  sky dont like that one bit
  • edited December 2009
    sometimes when i try to write bloody he!l, it says remove the word he!l? lol
  • edited December 2009
    hey guys, ok i think i need to clear a few things up for you all. yes sometimes we do have to be slightly strict when it comes to moderating. the reason being that sky poker is part of sky and rules that sky impose on their forums apply in exactly the same way here on this forum. we simply cant allow abusive content and if we did we may loose the forum altogether. i'm sure you wouldn't want that would you? if you do have anything moderated please remember we are not trying to annoying you or single anyone out we are just sticking to the rules and trying to make this a welcoming, friendly community to be part of. that sound ok?
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    thanks for the reply rich,i didnt mean to start some kind of censor riot!
  • edited December 2009

I was trying to say NH to a player the other day in the chat box and the word i was typing was banned.....even tho it was in his alias...LOL......btw it was NH H ustler.....
  • edited December 2009
    reminds me of back in the day. A certain council near to where i lived couldn't send any e-mails from their computers because of the filter system that was in place at the time. The Council?

Scunthorpe..........

Think about it, you'll get there lol
  • edited December 2009
    why is the word T R A N M E R E banned? is the town that bad?  ;)

• edited December 2009
    I typed Pokerstars into a chat box the other day & it came out as ****, how offensive. Sky obviously don't want users to be alerted to the fact that there are other poker sites out there.
  • edited December 2009
    why is the word T R A N M E R E banned? is the town that bad?  ;)
    Posted by Hogg321
    the filter system used derigatives of words and this one i would say is short for tr annies
  • edited December 2009

I doubt tr annies would be very happy to be seen as deemed offensive! lol

• edited December 2009
    Ha Ha. I was just commenting on the cartoons poll & I had to remove the word W a c k y cos i mentioned W@cky Races.