You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Additional TSP Member announcement...

Comments

• edited April 2013
    No offense intended, but pretty appauling pick in my opinion. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Additional TSP Member announcement...:
    Posted by patwalshh
    :D
  • edited April 2013
    nice one! vwd jl
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by patwalshh
    why?
  • edited April 2013
    Pat. if you had been picked for TSP and another community member posted that they thought you were an appalling choice with no explanation.. How would you feel? - putting "no offence" does not make it inoffensive!!!

Anyway your negative and pointless comments aside, I am confident Jamie will do TSP proud! 
  • edited April 2013
    Never met the girl so don't want to comment on her really but they clearly have not picked statistically the best player available here.
  • edited April 2013
    I've never met you before JL, but just ignore the pointless negativity and crush :-) GL and congratz on being chosen!
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by patwalshh
    We're very happy with our picks and we're sure they will do the community proud!
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by patwalshh
    got to be in agreement there Pat, not only are the tournament stats appauling there are lots of very good female players on sky,  runflaming, sharksbite, karlluke to name but a few.
  • edited April 2013
    CONGRATULATIONS GIRLIE!!!

I cannot tell you how pleased I am that we got a girl in the team.  Great move by Sky and Jamie-Lou will be a fantastic representative of all of our female players.

Go show 'em how it's done!!

Bromleys (generically known as)
  • edited April 2013
    IMO its a very good choice and i would like to wish Jamie Lou the very best of luck

Unreal how anyone could have anything negative to say about this.

Just be happy for her and move on
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Additional TSP Member announcement... : got to be in agreement there Pat, not only are the tournament stats appauling there are lots of very good female players on sky,  runflaming, sharksbite, karlluke to name but a few.
    Posted by mr_weed
    We haven't picked players on ability (although we're confident they are all good players) let's please stop the negativity and get behind the team.
  • edited April 2013
    IMO its a very good choice and i would like to wish Jamie Lou the very best of luck Unreal how anyone could have anything negative to say about this. Just be happy for her and move on
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Indeed.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Additional TSP Member announcement... : We haven't picked players on ability (although we're confident they are all good players) let's please stop the negativity and get behind the team.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Yeah just be happy for Her. We guessed tht SKy poker with tommy in the team :D
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Additional TSP Member announcement... : Yeah just be happy for Her. We guessed tht SKy poker with tommy in the team :D
    Posted by shaun09
    Yes, correct.

Putting Tommy in the team shows ability isnt important! ;)
  • edited April 2013
    Everytime ive fianl tabled a tournament Jamie Lou has been in, shes been sat opposite me on that final table. Top pick imo. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Additional TSP Member announcement... : Yes, correct. Putting Tommy in the team shows ability isnt important! ;)
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Haha i glad you agree :D Hi tommy :D
  • edited April 2013
    True dat Shaun.

Not going to get into the whole debate because I think it's bogus frankly and JL doesn't need a 100 knights to rush to the damsel's defence.  She can take care of herself.

The point I will make is this TSP isn't picking the best rake generators/internet wiz kids in need of some sunlight (not saying the old one was either, but some site's teams are very focussed on this).

This is a team.  We're going to Nottingham together, we're going to rail/chat/banter each other.  We as part of the community as well are going to get behind whoever of us runs deep, touch wood.  JL fits into this more than any one else.  And she scares the life out of me at the tables.  I'm hoping we will all have a beer together the night before the MC.  The only change is the venue.  I was going to book a table at Hooters.

Awkward.
  • edited April 2013
    Lol Only joking man. I respect you alot! Gl every 1
  • edited April 2013
    Lol Only joking man. I respect you alot! Gl every 1
    Posted by shaun09
    Dude I know.  :)

And trust me, when I play bad, I take awful down to shiny new levels of atrociousness
  • edited April 2013
    True dat Shaun. Not going to get into the whole debate because I think it's bogus frankly and JL doesn't need a 100 knights to rush to the damsel's defence.  She can take care of herself. The point I will make is this TSP isn't picking the best rake generators/internet wiz kids in need of some sunlight (not saying the old one was either, but some site's teams are very focussed on this). This is a team.  We're going to Nottingham together, we're going to rail/chat/banter each other.  We as part of the community as well are going to get behind whoever of us runs deep, touch wood.  JL fits into this more than any one else.  And she scares the life out of me at the tables.  I'm hoping we will all have a beer together the night before the MC.  The only change is the venue.  I was going to book a table at Hooters. Awkward.
    Posted by TommyD
    Yeah man ... and we will be there to rail you too! Bring it on.
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks for the lovely comments ;-)

Pretty sure it's about representing Sky, not who makes the most money on Sky.

• edited April 2013
    Although I respect your opinion and the fact that you say it how you see it, I think 'appauling' is a little to strong Pat.

My issue has nothing to do with the ability of players chosen but picking someone who very rarley plays on the site and has little community input is a little strange. 

Hopefully you will prove all the doubters wrong though and crush at DTD!
    Best of luck.

• edited April 2013
    True dat Shaun. Not going to get into the whole debate because I think it's bogus frankly and JL doesn't need a 100 knights to rush to the damsel's defence.  She can take care of herself. The point I will make is this TSP isn't picking the best rake generators/internet wiz kids in need of some sunlight (not saying the old one was either, but some site's teams are very focussed on this). This is a team.  We're going to Nottingham together, we're going to rail/chat/banter each other.  We as part of the community as well are going to get behind whoever of us runs deep, touch wood.  JL fits into this more than any one else.  And she scares the life out of me at the tables.  I'm hoping we will all have a beer together the night before the MC.  The only change is the venue.  I was going to book a table at Hooters. Awkward.
    Posted by TommyD
    You WHA?!!?

Oh, congrats btw jamie 
  • edited April 2013
    Although I respect your opinion and the fact that you say it how you see it, I think 'appauling' is a little to strong Pat. My issue has nothing to do with the ability of players chosen but picking someone who very rarley plays on the site and has little community input is a little strange.  Hopefully you will prove all the doubters wrong though and crush at DTD! Best of luck.  
    Posted by Curt360x27
    I've had no laptop since before Christmas, hence no way of getting online. I've been a reg on Sky for about 4 years, and probably only missed 3 SPTs if that in that time.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Additional TSP Member announcement... : You WHA?!!? Oh, congrats btw jamie 
    Posted by dylan12
    I thought you were banned from Hooters Dylan.  You know why.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Additional TSP Member announcement... : I've had no laptop since before Christmas, hence no way of getting online. I've been a reg on Sky for about 4 years, and probably only missed 3 SPTs if that in that time.
    Posted by jamielou

I would ignore the jibes. I could imagine even if you satted into all the spts youve still spent a fair amount travelling etc especially as your family seem to come with you! 

Congrats and goodluck. 

• edited April 2013
    Congrats JamieLou, great opportunity, make the most of it :)

• edited April 2013

Congrats Jamie, well deserved IMO.

Oh, and dont worry its not self dealt, wink wink.  
  • edited April 2013
    Congrats Jamie Lou- another worthy addition to the team. I think we shared a table once...for the first 15 minutes of SPT Cardiff. I forget what happened next, but I remember we suddenly weren't sharing tables anymore...