You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how long do you scout for?

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
I've recently decided to play at a higher stake than i normally do, but to take more notice of table selection, i'm playing HU games now and was wondering how long you would spend "scouting" players and taking notes on players? i've already notice a few players that i need to avoid if possible, i've also decided that starting a new table is generally a terrible thing for me to do as i guess people have been watching me and they can see where the money is :D

Comments

• edited March 2013
    if you don`t mind me asking but level you moving up to and also how many tables you normally play?

in the past when i`ve moved up I looked in the lobby usually when you see a player on 4+ tables they usually are decent players and normally play a taggy style.

but what I also do normally I play 6 tables i drop down to like 2 or 3 tables at the new stake and just play a very taggy style and just mainly observe the other players at table and also look for them in find player see how many tables they are playing there and then.

but I would say I only look around for a day or so and then the more you play at your new level you will pick up notes on the players anyways if theyy are tight/loose/passive/aggro how many tables what the are willing to stack off pre or on the flop etc

hope this helps gl at your new level
  • edited March 2013
    well i've normally got a limit of £50 a week on my account (and i normally lose it all fairly quick) but i found that i dont really do well in the lower level games (im not really sure why i think i assume because the people i play agaisnt are playing low stakes they dont deserve to be respected as much as the higher stakes players and it has a negative effect on my game)
    So recently i went up and i was playing 10.50 and 21.00 hu games just for abit of a laugh and to see how id handle it and i've had what i consider really good results (havent got 1000's of games to go by just the 50 or so that ive played) when playing these stakes i only play one table but when i was playing lower stakes i can handle 3/4.

thanks for your advice :D