You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30NL - Turned Straight on Wet Board

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
What do we do on the turn? I flatted to allow the villian behind to either come along too or go crazy and raise but is it better to raise myself on such a drawy board?

Did I go too big on the river considering the A is gonna be an overcard if they're holding any 1pr hands?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BOLTYLAD Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £10.45
CJ227 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £32.47
  Your hole cards

Lambert180 Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £42.50
APOLLO41 Call   £0.90 £2.25 £29.10
BOLTYLAD Call   £0.75 £3.00 £9.70
CJ227 Raise   £1.80 £4.80 £30.67
Lambert180 Call   £1.20 £6.00 £41.30
APOLLO41 Call   £1.20 £7.20 £27.90
BOLTYLAD Fold        
Flop

CJ227 Check        
Lambert180 Check        
APOLLO41 Check        
Turn

CJ227 Bet   £3.60 £10.80 £27.07
Lambert180 Call   £3.60 £14.40 £37.70
APOLLO41 Fold        
River

• A

CJ227 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £9.00 £23.40 £28.70
CJ227 Fold        
Lambert180 Muck        
Lambert180 Win   £13.68   £42.38
Lambert180 Return   £9.00 £0.72 £51.38

Comments

• edited March 2013
    What are we doing pre? why are we raising 67o then calling the 3bet?

• edited March 2013
    Well we're only 4handed and tbh the whole table is very weak so I'm pretty confident playing flops with all of them. There's no way anyone is 4betting after me so I'm happy paying £1.20 into £4.80 to see a flop V players that I am confident I can outplay and with a hand that will also be quite hidden when I flop well.
  • edited March 2013
    I would raise this turn to be honest, to try and build the pot and protect vs any Jx hands he might have, it's extremely unlikely he has a FD as he would have bet on the flop so wouldn't be worried about a club hitting.

As played i would probably bet the same amount on the river but villains line is extremely weak so maybe we are both missing out on value by betting this amount here?  would like to hear the thoughts of some of the better players to see what they think with regards to bet sizing in this spot vs weak range.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 30NL - Turned Straight on Wet Board:
    Well we're only 4handed and tbh the whole table is very weak so I'm pretty confident playing flops with all of them. There's no way anyone is 4betting after me so I'm happy paying £1.20 into £4.80 to see a flop V players that I am confident I can outplay and with a hand that will also be quite hidden when I flop well.
    Posted by Lambert180
    raising 67o on a soft table is going to put you in so many tough spots you dont need to be. If they are weak you can wait for so many better spots than this imo.

Widening your range to play v weaker opponents is good, but widening it too far is going to end up costing you money.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 30NL - Turned Straight on Wet Board : raising 67o on a soft table is going to put you in so many tough spots you dont need to be. If they are weak you can wait for so many better spots than this imo. Widening your range to play v weaker opponents is good, but widening it too far is going to end up costing you money.
    Posted by AJ_Rockets
    Alright, fair point.

Given the action pre though, what do you do on the turn? If you flat, how much do you bet on the river?
  • edited March 2013
    i raise the turn

as played, they look really weak. if we assume 10x, sets and overpairs cbet the flop then they either have air/really weak made hands that wont call any bet on the river or they have Ax which will call almost any river bet as it will be a big ace to 3bet. So with that in mind i prob bet around 10-12 quid, maybe even pot.

t's highly unlikely they have an Ax hand though as they would bet the river so i think we almost never get called on the river
  • edited March 2013
    is no one betting flop? I think i bet flop after the 3bettor checks just maybe wrong in doing so but I don`t mind trying take it there and then and we still have the open ender if called.

as played yeah im defo raising turn to build pot m8.

and river I think as long you bet anything from £7 upwards is fine.
  • edited March 2013
    sorry misread hand lol you have gutshot flop is fine
  • edited March 2013
    What are we doing pre? why are we raising 67o then calling the 3bet?
    Posted by AJ_Rockets
    Should we just wait for aces and kings?
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 30NL - Turned Straight on Wet Board : Should we just wait for aces and kings?
    Posted by bearlyther
    Really? Is questioning the play with 67o that tight on this table with a short stack in the blinds?

• edited March 2013
    either we think everyones tez and we can play wide or we have to play tighter.

raise pre fine, call 3bet fine, bet flop wc2 imo, we has gutter and can try and fold out the caller behind, pfr once 3b and check this flop we win alot. as is we have a straight on the turn put more money in it's nl30, as it is on the river bet we have a straight yay, sigh he didn't call but what you gonna do
  • edited March 2013
    Sorry Beaneh, wc2??

Should have raised turn, was too busy hoping to get 3rd villian in too for a massive pot, that I lost value I think.

Do you think river sizing is ok though given they won't have many Ax hands so it's likely to be a scary river?
  • edited March 2013
    Sorry Beaneh, wc2?? Should have raised turn, was too busy hoping to get 3rd villian in too for a massive pot, that I lost value I think. Do you think river sizing is ok though given they won't have many Ax hands so it's likely to be a scary river?
    Posted by Lambert180

when checked to (by the preflop raiser).

compare the good of calling and letting bad things happen and the possibility of dem bad things happening. + compare the range of the turn better  with how strong it will be if we got it in on the turn compared to if we get to see a river vs that range.

river bet size should be targeted at whatever hands your opponent can have that are worse than yours.