You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30NL - OP to board, Picked Up OESD on Turn

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I've included villians name because I know (and so will most) what he is capable of and obviously this needs to be taken into account.

Should I flat the turn to keep in his bluffs/worse hands/allow myself to see a river. More I look at it, I think the shove is bad.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £154.77
Lambert180 Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £29.55
  Your hole cards

wocky72 Fold        
the_jester Fold        
Leah26 Fold        
DOHHHHHHH Raise   £0.75 £1.20 £154.02
Lambert180 Raise   £2.40 £3.60 £27.15
DOHHHHHHH Call   £1.80 £5.40 £152.22
Flop

DOHHHHHHH Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £3.10 £8.50 £24.05
DOHHHHHHH Raise   £6.90 £15.40 £145.32
Lambert180 Call   £3.80 £19.20 £20.25
Turn

DOHHHHHHH Bet   £5.10 £24.30 £140.22
Lambert180 All-in   £20.25 £44.55 £0.00

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I cant see him ever calling with worse here. I mean at best i think your praying hes overplaying A9. Given the nature of this board i dont think thats the case, straights are there, and everything else i can see is over-over pairs and sets. Maybe some suited connector 2 pair combo. 

If yous called your beat and drawing imo. Hes gave us 5/1 to do so on the turn so just call see the river and assess. 
  • edited March 2013
    Just to add from above post. 

Turn desision i think we're crushed but getting 5/1 on call. Having thought about it, how often do we think a T puts us ahead. I think we're well behind here but if a T puts us ahead on the river we have 5/1 to call with 10 outs. If no we need to get a bat on river with our straight at just off the right odds. 
  • edited March 2013
    depends what u think of oppo bet on turn

do you think oppo can still call with the draw

would oppo think u shove worse
  • edited March 2013
    To be honest, I think you've got his range a bit too narrow here Donald.

Imo he's raising this flop with 55, 77, 99, TT+, 79, 68, 8T, AcXc, KcXc, QJcc, all of which I think he would open SB v BB and all of which he would probably fire again after c/r the flop, so I don't think his range narrows at all from flop to turn.

Don't think he's ever gonna go c/r, c/c or c/r, c/f with a decent draw here. I know if he calls, sometimes I'm beat and drawing but that is the point of a semi-bluff innit, and he is definitely capable of calling with worse imo.

The one thing I don't seem to be able to figure out on stove is putting in specific ranges like not just saying QJo and QJs, but saying QJcc, or AcXc and the like, so I'm not sure whether his draws outweigh his made hands or not.

FWIW, I think if I get called a (non-club) 6 or J definitely takes it down, a 6c or Jc, takes it down sometimes, a T takes it down sometimes, and the 5 pairing will take it down a small amount of the time too.

The more I think about, the shove is growing on me, but I don't hate the idea of flatting either.
  • edited March 2013
    @Rancid -

As I said above, I think he's barrelling pretty much his entire flop c/r range but I'm not sure what to think of his turn sizing tbh, I haven't played him enough to take much from it. Not sure if he's diong it to induce, partially pot controlling or just trying to widen the range I will call with.

He's getting 3to1 on his money, I think he will call with draws, if I thought he could never call with a draw then I'd flat.

Would he think I shove worse than what?
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 30NL - OP to board, Picked Up OESD on Turn:
    To be honest, I think you've got his range a bit too narrow here Donald. Imo he's raising this flop with 55, 77, 99, TT+, 79, 68, 8T, AcXc, KcXc, QJcc, all of which I think he would open SB v BB and all of which he would probably fire again after c/r the flop, so I don't think his range narrows at all from flop to turn. Don't think he's ever gonna go c/r, c/c or c/r, c/f with a decent draw here. I know if he calls, sometimes I'm beat and drawing but that is the point of a semi-bluff innit, and he is definitely capable of calling with worse imo. The one thing I don't seem to be able to figure out on stove is putting in specific ranges like not just saying QJo and QJs, but saying QJcc, or AcXc and the like, so I'm not sure whether his draws outweigh his made hands or not. FWIW, I think if I get called a (non-club) 6 or J definitely takes it down, a 6c or Jc, takes it down sometimes, a T takes it down sometimes, and the 5 pairing will take it down a small amount of the time too. The more I think about, the shove is growing on me, but I don't hate the idea of flatting either.
    Posted by Lambert180

I wasnt discussing his c/r barrelling range. I was discussing his calling range. Does JJ call off with T8 for example. I know its a wet board and he can have some draws, but given that youve waited till the turn and a pretty horrific card for his range imo, hes probably more reluctant to stack with these draws - which may be a good thing i dont know. 

The 8 i think is quiet a nasty card i think. Because it narrows his calling with worse range. Does JJ barrel a wet turn like this without some strong equity (i dont know the answer to this so im asking). If im right in thinking, any 6 has a straight, i dont think many 6's are in either range here so maybe he can. 

Its a weird spot, expessially as we both know how aggro JJ can be. The issue i have though is for all hes aggro, he doesn't call light in my experiance. I imagine you will have played with him more than me so could maybe confirm this. Therefore i really dislike the shove. 

Edit: dont think im having a go btw Paul. 
  • edited March 2013
    Nah I don't think you're having a go Don, it's all good, and Doh is a far better player than me

Agreed that he won't call light, but I'm perfectly happy for him to not call the turn. I think I probably fold out ihs weaker draws, get called by his stronger draws.

You've probably played him as much as me tbh. I'd never played 30NL up until about 3-4 days ago  so only really played him at Hypers which obviously couldn't be much more different from cash.
  • edited March 2013
    @Rancid - As I said above, I think he's barrelling pretty much his entire flop c/r range but I'm not sure what to think of his turn sizing tbh, I haven't played him enough to take much from it. Not sure if he's diong it to induce, partially pot controlling or just trying to widen the range I will call with. He's getting 3to1 on his money, I think he will call with draws, if I thought he could never call with a draw then I'd flat. Would he think I shove worse than what?
    Posted by Lambert180

So would oppo think you shove turn with worse than any value hand oppo holds

If oppo going to call then it's got to be becuae oppo has a draw or pr that you beat

This spot is all about what oppo thinks about you

Turn bet could be a blocker or made to look like a blocker because oppo knows your a thinker

edit: funny thing is a blocker should be the amount u want to pay to draw so intresting if you think oppo still calls shove with draw - oppo could be just blocking and repping the straight but got the sizing messed up

Kinda lean towards air

More I look at it I really IDK if it's an incorect sizing, deliberate sizing or b/f amount )
    Sure Dohh knows that you won't just call the bet on turn so he wants you to fold or shove..
    hope this helps )

• edited March 2013
    bet more on flop, what other hands do you bet call flop with, of those what do you do on the turn, why are you jamming the turn what other hands do you jam and what hands do you call and why.
  • edited March 2013
    I'll call flop with 55, 77, 88, 99, any 2 overs + FD, any, 79, 8T, TT+. Sometimes I'll just 3bet GII with some of these hands and sometimes I'll flat.

All of the above, if I'd flatted I'd probably ship the turn over his bet, with the exception of maybe 8T (unless it's cc).

I jam the turn to balance times I have big made hands with big draws, I know I can get some folds because sometimes he will be c/r flop with air and will virtually always continue for at least 1 bet on the turn and I also think he'll feel committed enough to call off with some draws on the turn.

There are probably no hands I flat the turn with, although maybe that's a mistake.

Love to hear your feedback on ^^^
  • edited March 2013
    Right, we've had a good amount of time/discussion on this one so result was that he snapped me off..... with 99 obv
  • edited March 2013
    you propb flat T6cc lol

think you seem to have forgotten AA or other non set/nut hands lol

gl having him call worse without this already been a joke easy spot because you've been playing so aggro so regularly versus him.
  • edited March 2013
    Right, we've had a good amount of time/discussion on this one so result was that he snapped me off..... with 99 obv
    Posted by Lambert180

you think wrong.

can he only have 99 ? results only matter if we've incorrectly ranged them up.
  • edited March 2013
    Polarising my clinic showdown range !
  • edited March 2013
    Polarising my clinic showdown range !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Really don't understand your sizing on turn, you must put Lambrini on such a narrow range of 1 pr hands )
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 30NL - OP to board, Picked Up OESD on Turn : Really don't understand your sizing on turn, you must put Lambrini on such a narrow range of 1 pr hands )
    Posted by rancid

i'd bet money neither does he
  • edited March 2013
    I asked him privately when i first seen this hand and he said it was down to stack size v pot size or summit like that 
  • edited March 2013

Default size. 

Bean is right, idk why. 

I got top set, idgaf :D