You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30NL - Best Line for Max Value

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Evening all,

Villian is competent semi-reg. I flat pre because his range for continuing when he 3bets my UTG open and I 4bet is gonna be ridic narrow but I know he'll be 3betting wide.

He's probably gonna be checking back the turn a lot I imagine so knowing this do we ever donk, or just let him check back and go for value on river?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
wudibluff Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £58.58
nu Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £40.62
X Ante   £0.15 £0.60 £33.67
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Lambert180 Raise   £0.90 £1.50 £30.88
empee381 Fold        
X Raise   £2.70 £4.20 £30.97
vinnybhoy Fold        
wudibluff Fold        
nu Fold        
Lambert180 Call   £1.80 £6.00 £29.08
Flop

• K

Lambert180 Check        
X Bet   £4.50 £10.50 £26.47
Lambert180 Call   £4.50 £15.00 £24.58
Turn

• Q

Lambert180 Check        
X Check        
River

Lambert180 Bet   £9.50 £24.50 £15.08
X Call   £9.50 £34.00 £16.97

Comments

• edited March 2013
    you flatted pre for a reason, so either c/r flop (pretty awful unless they are awful), c/c flop lead turn, or c/c flop check turn lead or c/r river. then you have to decide on river sizing, big for value, what will he call with, what does he likely have, will he ever raise, if he could raise then bet small to induce.... if hes never got anything to call and can only bluff then check innit.
  • edited March 2013
    you flatted pre for a reason, so either c/r flop (pretty awful unless they are awful), c/c flop lead turn, or c/c flop check turn lead or c/r river. then you have to decide on river sizing, big for value, what will he call with, what does he likely have, will he ever raise, if he could raise then bet small to induce.... if hes never got anything to call and can only bluff then check innit.
    Think Beaneh is sitting on the fence again with this gem of a postage.  Good to see you playn 30nl Lambert.. i expect to see you at 40nl by the summer!! Drop me a pm when you hit 40nl/50nl i'll happily dicuss hands with you anytime. 

As for this hand, when ante is posted behind you make it 3x+ante imo...and just 3x when you have position on them... prob a bit nitty but worth doing below 40nl imo as soo many plays will auto call when they post like this. 

as for the line, basically you played it fine imo, c/c this flop is perfect and obv c/r if an ace comes on later streets which i think you would. river is fine... c/r river would be fps imo given he poste an ante.  River sizing is good you prob get a Qx to drool here.  

If villain was non competant reg then lead lead lead when theres ante+3bet as its hardly ever a genuine 3bet range
  • edited March 2013
    Cheers all, and yeah I did get paid off by AQ on the river TPTP :)