You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Great Performance from Yiannis Morgan on 861

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
Yiannis (sp) yes he was very good i didnt think he was just cover tho i thought he was a legit new presenter same as Jules?

With all these new ppl are we heading for more days as live shows i wonder?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Sorry I can't remember his name to put in the post but I'm sure if you saw the show you'll know who I mean.

A few weeks ago there was a show with a male presenter, think he was in for holiday/illness cover, and they mentioned that he used to present the show years ago.

I think his show was great and you should get him back for the odd show, if it doesn't take too much work off everyone else (I know there's only 3 shows a week so must be tough giving everyone a go).

He clearly had at least a decent understanding of poker so was actually able to have a discusson with the analyst about what lines they would have took etc without just nodding along. He was obviously very comfortable on the couch and able to ad-lib and keep the show flowing really well without it just feeling like he's reading from an auto-cue then handing over to the analyst.

Really enjoyed that show.

Paul
  • edited March 2013
    James is by far the most knowledgable presenter. Of the others, I certainly wouldn't say that Yiannis (Morgan) seemed any more insightful than either Orford or Anna are these days. Obviously Jules is new and Sarah doesn't do that many shows really, so they don't show much knowledge of the game. That's what the analyst is for and, to be fair, the show isn't intended purely for educated players, so having someone asking the "basic" questions isn't a bad thing.

I don't want to comment too much on Jules or Yiannis. I didn't personally enjoy Yiannis' show too much but they're both new and will take time to settle in (if they're both permanent). I certainly don't think either could be said to have done a bad job. Much the same as when Anna started, they both seem a little uncomfortable and take on a more conventional presenter role, as you might see on other channels. The established presenters have a much more relaxed approach most of the time, which is something I like.

I wouldn't want Anna, Sarah, Orford or James to be getting any fewer shifts in favour of the new presenters. Change is not good. ;)
  • edited March 2013
    Yiannis definitely started a bit more conventional at the start, probably rusty, feeling things out etc, but towards the latter half of the show, I think he definitely loosened up and showed a good sense of humour and an ability to just chat about whatever imo
  • edited March 2013
    yeah agree with borin the presenters and analysts we have atm are great.

if i had to say a pair I like the best regarding knowlegde understanding of poker and analyzing hands I like james and stuart together they are honest and critical about hands and they explain everything clearly which is easy 2 understand imo but I love every1 on the shows anywayz.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Bring Back X Presenter:
    Ed? :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     everytime his name is mentioned in a thread it gets closed down lol
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ya barred!
  • edited March 2013

As far as I am aware, Yiannis does have more Shows booked.

• edited March 2013
    As far as I am aware, Yiannis does have more Shows booked.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well am glad to hear it, even if I'm the only one :)
  • edited March 2013
    Yiannis definitely started a bit more conventional at the start, probably rusty, feeling things out etc, but towards the latter half of the show, I think he definitely loosened up and showed a good sense of humour and an ability to just chat about whatever imo
    Posted by Lambert180
    Sounds like he might have had a few drinks!

Live TV must be pretty nerve-wracking.
  • edited March 2013

Yiannis did really well that show.

There was a bit in it which was really funny, cant remember if it was with TK, but was some cracking banter, cant remember what it was now tho lol

As well first show in a while, he done superb.

Don't undertstand why Sky has so many presenters, when it's only on 3 nights. Maybe they do other presenting jobs for sky on different channels.

And if the monies good enough, i could be your next presenter SKY poker lol

• edited March 2013
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     Have to agree, about time we started a 'Bring Back Giddins' campaign.