You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Jackpot days - tactics?

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi

After another jackpot winner last night (Nagrom winning £500), it got us thinking...

... are your chances of winning the jackpot better on certain nights?

If so, which nights and why? Some might say the nights with less runners, but are the fields for those tougher? (e.g. Primo)

Thanks
Sky Poker

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Id say for me it would be a night where theres a bounty hunter on as i play slightly better in those. 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Jackpot days - tactics?:
    Hi After another jackpot winner last night (Nagrom winning £500), it got us thinking... ... are your chances of never winning the jackpot better on certain nights? If so, which nights and why? Some might say the nights with less runners, but are the fields for those tougher? (e.g. Primo) Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    fyp
  • edited March 2013
    I think the best chance of winning the jackpot is Wednesday night with the two rebuy tournaments. With the rebuy tournaments you can end up with deeper stacks which should reduce variance. However winning the jackpot is extremely difficult and the question remains, how did a fish like Dylan manage to win it!
  • edited March 2013

I have to agree with Matt, Wednesday has to offer the best chance with the re-buys.

I narrowly missed out recently on a Wednesday finishing 9th in the Main and 5th in the mini after being knocked out of both tournies in the 1st hour and taking t a re-buy and addon in both.

• edited March 2013
    agree with matt and simon for sure.  any night its a BH is a lot tougher as varaince is so so much higher because peoples calling ranges are much wider trying to trap or catch a bounty.

ps ul Simon
  • edited March 2013
    Yep. Wednesday