You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl hero call v new loose aggressive 'regular'?

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic

Played a 5 hour session last night, and it's probably the worst I've ever played on sky.

It's kinda relevant because my image is all over the place in this hand, and the games were playing abit mental, with people making moves and hero calling and raise/folding turns and rivers etc.

Anyone who sat in and played abc/tag would have cashed in for a fortune in these games last night.

Anyway, this villain is new to me, and to the level (i think) before tonight.  

We've had quite a few battles already, particuarly on 1 table where we were playing 3 handed and I got KQs in sb v button for 100xbb, he showed AJo and I got there.

There's been abit of 3b/folding and general spew going on.

I open as standard and flop a gutshot, decide not to cbet v 3 players on an A high board, don't expect it to be a profitable cbet, can check and hope to bink ott.

Turn it's checked to me again, can't really rep very much here but I think it's highly unlikely now that any player in the hand has got an ace so decide to bet, expecting AJ to fold behind me close to 100% of the time after not betting the flop, and then if I get called I'm at least in position to either barrell again otr or check back if I feel K high is good enough of the time.

I get check raised, by the V, and I'm really struggling to see what he might have.

My range looks f.o.s here, but so does his, and I have K high at least.

He can be c/r some pocket pairs maybe?, but I think mainly draws, don't think he ever has an ace, and he wouldn't turn Qx or 9x in to a bluff either.

TJ gets there on the river, and he leads quite strong......

Can't think of any hands he would take this line w/ in this pot that beats me other than TJo, and maybe better Kx hands (KJ) ;)

Any thoughts? Can we hero call this?

What's his range on the river?

tia ;)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxx Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.55
hesthe1 Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £35.83
 Your hole cards
  • K

BigHawk89 Fold     
leslie1953 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £33.77
AJ_Rockets Call  £0.90 £2.25 £63.15
xxx Call  £0.75 £3.00 £28.80
hesthe1 Call  £0.60 £3.60 £35.23
Flop

• Q
  • A

xxx Check     
hesthe1 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Check     
AJ_Rockets Check     
Turn

• A

xxxCheck     
hesthe1 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £2.00 £5.60 £31.77
AJ_Rockets Fold     
xxx Raise  £5.10 £10.70 £23.70
hesthe1 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Call  £3.10 £13.80 £28.67
River

xxxBet  £9.60 £23.40 £14.10
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Why do you get yourself into these situations? lol

It's pretty difficult to give a decent answer when there are so many dynamics at the table. However, check-raising the turn isn't a convincing line if he flopped a big hand. Though he may just know you can't resist a bet on the turn after seeing it checked round twice. Maybe he also knows that you'll level yourself if he takes a "f.o.s." line.

I don't know.

Nice check back on the flop. Not really sure why you need to go mad about these things on the turn. I'd check and take a free card or fold to the raise if I do bet. Unless I felt like a levelling war. :)

Did you think about raising the river? It's not a huge amount more but he could very easily be bet-folding. If we think he's most likely weak, do we really want to call and see a 9 or 22 or something? I'm not saying I'd do that and I'm not saying it wouldn't be mental but it's worth asking the question.
  • edited March 2013
    stop just randomly clicking buttons?

bet flop not the turn.
  • edited March 2013
    i like beanehs approach. 

what does f.o.s mean ? 
  • edited March 2013
    full of ....

(meaning they're repping nothing)
  • edited March 2013
    full of 'the smell' that or full of spondulics....
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 30nl hero call v new loose aggressive 'regular'?:
    Why do you get yourself into these situations? lol It's pretty difficult to give a decent answer when there are so many dynamics at the table. However, check-raising the turn isn't a convincing line if he flopped a big hand. Though he may just know you can't resist a bet on the turn after seeing it checked round twice. Maybe he also knows that you'll level yourself if he takes a "f.o.s." line. I don't know. Nice check back on the flop. Not really sure why you need to go mad about these things on the turn. I'd check and take a free card or fold to the raise if I do bet. Unless I felt like a levelling war. :)Did you think about raising the river? It's not a huge amount more but he could very easily be bet-folding. If we think he's most likely weak, do we really want to call and see a 9 or 22 or something? I'm not saying I'd do that and I'm not saying it wouldn't be mental but it's worth asking the question.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    No I was never considering a c/r on the river, I don't think he'll be turning any Q/9 into a bluff.

But it wud be sick he if showed 22/33/44/KJ or something I suppose.

Maybe shoving is best then (or at least better than calling) as alot of his bluffs are pocket pairs and ahead anyway.

He might snap call me off w/ 22 coz I can't possibly have anything!

ugh, shud have just folded river/checked back turn/folded turn/folded pre/had Sunday off.

Thnx as ever for having a crack @ it BL.

He had 999 fwiw. nh.