You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Kicking myself

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Just went out of the £500 BH with the following hand. How many of you would get away from this and am I as stupid as I currently think.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancerubbertoesSmall blind 765.00765.000.0010NGYBig blind 1600.002365.0041810.00 Your hole cardsKQ   eitherwayRaise 3200.005565.0040706.25cajonesCall 3200.008765.0045665.00sloppy45Fold    10NGYCall 1600.0010365.0040210.00Flop  K34   10NGYBet 8000.0018365.0032210.00eitherwayAll-in 40706.2559071.250.00cajonesFold    10NGYAll-in 32210.0091281.250.00eitherwayUnmatched bet 496.2590785.00496.25rubbertoesShow88   10NGYShowKQ   eitherwayShowKA   Turn  2   River  9   eitherwayWinPair of Kings90785.00 91281.25

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Well you've played it a bit funky lol.

Why donk bet the flop? This is a perfect board for them to c-bet which is great for us.

I'd probably check/call and get it in on pretty much any turn. If they wanna get it in on the flop, then that's fine too.

If you're gonna fold a flop this good for us, then you should 100% fold pre.
  • edited March 2013
    KQis what i'd call a marginal hand,so you either take down a small pot or risk losing a big one,as you have here.(abou 1/3 of your chips i think.)
    best to just fold p/f imo.
    that goes for all marginal hands, kj k 10 AQ AJ A 10 etc.
  • edited March 2013
    AQ, marginal!!!???

AQ is like a dream come true at late stages of an MTT
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Kicking myself:
    AQ, marginal!!!??? AQ is like a dream come true at late stages of an MTT
    Posted by Lambert180
    maybe for you Paul...lol
  • edited March 2013
    I normally would have folded this hand, but the short stack was away and a bounty up for grabs so I weakend the opponents raising range and he only min raised. With the short stack all in as the big blind if I had AK I would play very aggressive to claim the bounty... I guess it's a good example of why you should play your normal game in BHs...

And Lambert I donked the flop to try and get action from maybe a flush draw or middle pockets. Didn't wanna give away free cards in this situation.
  • edited March 2013
    shove or fold - if u call - never fold top pairs
  • edited March 2013
    I normally would have folded this hand, but the short stack was away and a bounty up for grabs so I weakend the opponents raising range and he only min raised. With the short stack all in as the big blind if I had AK I would play very aggressive to claim the bounty... I guess it's a good example of why you should play your normal game in BHs... And Lambert I donked the flop to try and get action from maybe a flush draw or middle pockets. Didn't wanna give away free cards in this situation.
    Posted by 10NGY
    and so he should no need to go any bigger
  • edited March 2013
    I normally would have folded this hand, but the short stack was away and a bounty up for grabs so I weakend the opponents raising range and he only min raised. With the short stack all in as the big blind if I had AK I would play very aggressive to claim the bounty... I guess it's a good example of why you should play your normal game in BHs... And Lambert I donked the flop to try and get action from maybe a flush draw or middle pockets. Didn't wanna give away free cards in this situation.
    Posted by 10NGY
    But this is a great flop for them to c-bet (which we want them to do), so everytime you donk bet and they have AQ, AJ, AT, QJ, even 66-QQ* you take away their opportunity to c-bet and they probably just go 'ok he has a K, I'll fold'.

By all means if they c-bet, you can jam over the top but let them stick and extra 7k (ish) in.

*some will call with all their PPs here, some won't, some will call with the larger ones etc, but generally you make things easier for them.
  • edited March 2013
    10ngy,we have all done it ,got bounty fever!!!with 2min raise bets your up against ,probably an ace and a pair,or any combination of these. SO your behind with kq,i have got myself in trouble like u b4 with kq,so i have learnt my lesson,dont play this regal combination to a raise.With him going all in,it would be hard to fold,but a good fold can win u tournament,as much as the hands u win.we all make mistakes,but the better players learn from them......good luck10ngy