You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A question on promotions...

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat

This might sound like an odd question but do you prefer a few big promotions happening on Sky Poker or many smaller ones?

Assuming we were talking, for example, about a month long period...

... let's do a poll based on made up numbers (all add up to the same)...

Comments

• edited March 2013
    lots of little ones i like a change of winning. 

i hope you dont mean things such as viva las vegas and tsp 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: A question on promotions...:
    lots of little ones i like a change of winning.  i hope you dont mean things such as viva las vegas and tsp 
    Posted by The_Don90
    No, we're not really talking about things like that, more promotions like:

- Kings of cash
    - Sit & Go Champ
    - Golden Tickets
    - etc...
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: A question on promotions... : No, we're not really talking about things like that, more promotions like: - Kings of cash - Sit & Go Champ - Golden Tickets - etc...
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Yeah then lots of little ones. I like a better chance of winning. 
  • edited March 2013
    i think a sit and go promotion is a must very soon, sick of waiting over an hour for a game to fill up.
  • edited March 2013
    I can't see the poll! I've been disenfranchised :'(

Fewer smaller promotions seems better unless you want to attract mainly grinders, as the bigger ones tend to require higher volume.

+1 to the need for a proper SNG promotion but not one including DYM's. DYM's don't need any increase in volume. It's been discussed before in some depth.
  • edited March 2013
    BIG MASSIVE ONE
  • edited March 2013
    would prefer a revamp to the points system but if can't have that then obv a big un

Theres been no correction since the Dec/Jan changes
  • edited March 2013
    I voted for little ones but really depends on what they are. Reason being the bigger ones to benefit a few whereas smaller ones will benefit more I think. Even though I've never won anything from it I think the golden ticket promotion is very good.

re no promotion for dyms mentioned above. Why not reward people who play these regularly? There's cash promotions and mtt promotions continually but nothing for dyms. Dyms are one of the most popular games on here but that doesn't mean they don't deserve to be rewarded. in fact the Dyms must be a nice little earner for the site.

Give us poor dym customers something back sky we deserve it

• edited March 2013
    I have nothing against DYM grinders. However promotions are there to increase traffic on the site, not really to reward players, and there's plenty of traffic in DYM's already.

The regular SNG's are the problem child of Sky and need promoting to get people playing them. If that promotion were to include DYM's, heads-up games or whatever, then it wouldn't help increase numbers in the regular SNG's.

By the way, the cash players will be on your case soon saying "You get 10 C4P's per pound raked for DYM's and only 6 per pound in cash. So you get plenty back". They like to moan about that. lol
  • edited March 2013
    I have nothing against DYM grinders. However promotions are there to increase traffic on the site, not really to reward players, and there's plenty of traffic in DYM's already. The regular SNG's are the problem child of Sky and need promoting to get people playing them. If that promotion were to include DYM's, heads-up games or whatever, then it wouldn't help increase numbers in the regular SNG's. By the way, the cash players will be on your case soon saying "You get 10 C4P's per pound raked for DYM's and only 6 per pound in cash. So you get plenty back". They like to moan about that. lol
    Posted by BorinLoner
    to increase traffic and retain existing customers :)

at a quick glance there's a similar amount of players playing cash games as there is dym's. Give us all promotions i say lol
  • edited March 2013
    I have nothing against DYM grinders. However promotions are there to increase traffic on the site, not really to reward players, and there's plenty of traffic in DYM's already. The regular SNG's are the problem child of Sky and need promoting to get people playing them. If that promotion were to include DYM's, heads-up games or whatever, then it wouldn't help increase numbers in the regular SNG's. By the way, the cash players will be on your case soon saying "You get 10 C4P's per pound raked for DYM's and only 6 per pound in cash. So you get plenty back". They like to moan about that. lol
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Just stick the TV icon on regular sit & go's and get all the TV tart's playing them simples.
  • edited March 2013
    ^^^ to be fair, SnG and MTT players getting almost 70% more points per £1 of rake is a pretty big thing to moan about.
  • edited March 2013

DYMs are probably one of it not the biggest earner for sky at 10% rake (or more for 2 quid or less buy in) for games that last 45 mins at most and are easy to multitable and without decent cash for points would not attract the traffic they get, unfortunately standard sit n gos will never be as popular as only 2 places paid so you need to win a high proportion outright to make decent profit and its harder to play say 6 or 9 at a time when you have to go for outright wins.
    Personally I would love to see a return of the league format as I dont play the volume I used to as I am no longer chasing a top 30 place that TSP playoff was a big incentive and a big rake generator for Sky

• edited March 2013
    Low rake cash tables that award no points.

Promo paying the most profit on em in a month, over xx,xxx hands as a minimium sample.

:D
  • edited March 2013
    If I was running sky I'd run a kings of cash, sit and go promo and a mtt leaderboard monthly.  I'm sure the extra traffic and increase in rake taken would far and away exceed the prizepools!
  • edited March 2013
    Progessive bad beat bonus for cash tables.

Nothing for SNGs as i dont play them.

• edited March 2013
    What about a promotion where you can change poker points into tournament tokens e.g. 1000 poker points for a 1.10 entry or 5000 poker points for a 5.50 token.

I think this would definitly get people to play more.
  • edited March 2013
    Or perhaps instead of just being given x amount for z number of points. Have the option to convert them and enter a tourneys.

Like say £10 can be swapped for a ticket, ten people per tourney and prizes of £50,£30 and £20. and no entry fee. Then players have the option of gambling for a bigger prize or just keep the £10 originally awarded. Doesnt cost Sky anything extra as the total awarded will be the same.

Could go as far as 50 players and a £500 pool, the permutations are endless.

Simialr to the above suggested, but all the entrants have to come from converted poker points - no cash buy in alternative. Like an exclusivity tourney.

Generally would be only regs playing them, so would be light hearted bragging rights for the message board.

Any takers for that?
  • edited March 2013

I voted for little ones as gets more people involved.

Glad u ask this as dont want to seem like Im criticising or having a rant.

I personally feel the following things need changed/looked at.

C4Points - Shouldnt be done on a month basis, it should be done when you reach points thresholds.  It dosent make you any less loyal the time it takes to reach points targets.  The low stakes players still pay rake and to give them a 'reward' every so often surely pays for itself and retains them.  Even if they stop playing for a cpl of months, they are more likely to come back here?

Freerolls - I think the new changes are good and the £1k ones that Joe/Adam or whoever put them on were great, but think there should be a cpl of these 'Big' freerolls, permament a month, with no rebuys.  U could buyin with a certain number of points eg 150?  Like I said I dont want to critcise but there is a £10k freeroll each month for new players whilst loyal players play here each.  What % of these players are regularly playing on the site 3 months later?

Anyway thanks for asking/listening!