You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

World Cup Groups Announced!!!!!

edited December 2009 in The Shed
Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France 

Group B - Argentina, South Korea, Nigeria, Greece

Group C - England, USA, Algeria, Slovenia

Group D - Germany, Australia, Ghana, Serbia 

Group E - Holland, Japan, Cameroon, Denmark 

Group F - Italy, New Zealand, Paraguay, Slovakia 

Group G - Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portugal 

Group H - Spain, Honduras, Chile, Switzerland

Easy group for England. Group G looks tough. Your thoughts please. 

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I would've perferred to have avoided the USA (would've preferred New Zealand or North Korea from that pot) in the group stages but other than that it's pretty much the perfect group for us. In all honesty I'd be very dissapointed if we don't win the group.

I agree that group G is probably the toughest one but group D is pretty tough too.
  • edited December 2009

group of death is group g, very tough indeed

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: World Cup Groups Announced!!!!!:
    group of death is group g, very tough indeed
    Posted by webby234
    with North Korea in there, it could actually become a group of death
  • edited December 2009
    A gd draw 4 england, usa gunna be toughest test but we should be 3/3 and on to the next round

Group G is gunna be very intersting, lets hope brazil fall at the 1st hurdle, we can all dream
  • edited December 2009
    If North Korea lose Kim Jong il won't allow any network to show the game & he's also getting all highlights edited to make the team look good. Judging by that group the people of North Korea won't be seeing much footage next summer.
  • edited December 2009
    very good draw for england
  • edited December 2009
    Fantasitc draw for England, USA out of the way first game would be dissapointed if we didnt get 3 wins
  • edited December 2009
    I've got my money on Serbia to win the 2010 World Cup, £10 @ 80/1.

It's a difficult draw, group D, but they have the players to go far, I think they will surprise people this year.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: World Cup Groups Announced!!!!!:
    I've got my money on Serbia to win the 2010 World Cup, £10 @ 80/1. It's a difficult draw, group D, but they have the players to go far, I think they will surprise people this year.
    Posted by Kevilfish
    Good luck mate but i don't trust the Serbs anymore. They had the best defensive record in qualifying for 2006 & were rock solid so i told everyone to watch out for them, they didn't win a game & Argentina smashed 6 past them(Argentina were class to be fair). I might stick some money on the Ivory Coast & Ghana as my long shots, can't look past Spain though for a serious bet.
  • edited December 2009
    Group A
    South Africa - Tough group for the hosts against some experienced world cup teams, Home advantage? I doubt it
    Mexico - Team with a bit of flair, Always good to watch
    Uruguay - Tough Physical team, Will be hard to break down
    France - The luck of the Irish has changed HANDS, Easiest group they could have wished for

TOP 2 - France and toss up between Mexico and Urugauay

Group B
    Argentina -Scraped through with win over Uruguay, Will have to be at their best to avoid early exit
    South Korea - Team with Energy, they will be giving 150% and run all 90 minutes
    Nigeria - Physical team, African nations will either help them or demoralise them
    Greece - Overated and aging team, Qualified  2nd in a poor group

TOP 2 - Argentina and South Korea

Group C
    England - Should easily qualify for knock-out stages, Hardest game will be against U.S.A
    USA - Some experienced players who have a point to prove, Should be happy with the draw
    Algeria - 24 years since last appearance, inexperience will not help them
    Slovenia - Did'nt get a point in last appearance, Will be more confident after defeating  Russia

TOP 2 - England and Slovenia

Group D
    Germany - Usually slow starters but cant see that here, Only dropped 4 points in qualification
    Australia - Last world cup for premiership players, Cant see them past this group
    Ghana - Will be hard to beat in their 2nd appearance, African nations will show if they are ready
    Serbia - Topped a tough group in qualification, Maybe a suprise package?

TOP 2 - Germany and Ghana

Group E
    Holland - Will always put on a good game, some injury worries at the moment
    Japan - Another team with energy, A tough task ahead
    Cameroon -  Strongest African team, Did not qualify last time so have a point to prove
    Denmark - Won a tough group, Will give anyone a run for their money

TOP 2 - Holland Denmark

Group F
    Italy - They must be paying FIFA something for this draw,Easy qualifation(I'll eat my hat if they dont get 3 wins here)
    New Zealand - Easy qualification but who were they playing?, will be happy if they get a point
    Paraguay - Poorest South  American team, 2nd spot up for grabs
    Slovakia - topped their group, 2nd spot up for grabs

TOP 2 - Italy and toss up between Paraguay and Slovakia

Group G
    Brazil - Always good to watch, Cant afford to slip up here
    North Korea - Disciplined and energetic, Group too hard to qualify
    Ivory Coast - Will be exciting to see them play, Need to sort out their defence
    Portugal - Lucky to qualify, Will have to be on top form

Top 2 - Brazil and Portugal

Group H
    Spain - Can the Euro champs become World champ?, Easy qualify
    Honduras - win needed to qualify, Tough task
    Chile - 2nd in South American qualfying group, Important game is against Switzerland
    Switzerland - should be confident to proceed to next round, Chile the crucial game

TOP 2 - Spain and Switzerland

• edited December 2009
    easy group, but group D looks difficult and dont we have to play the runners up in that?