You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL20 - should I 5 bet A7 4 handed bvb

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
oppo can and will 4 bet light

Is A7 suitable or not - any alternatives

thoughts please

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
X Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £26.40
rancid Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £26.86
  Your hole cards
  • A

Donttelmum Fold        
Dons1983 Fold        
X Raise   £0.50 £0.80 £25.90
rancid Raise   £1.80 £2.60 £25.06
X Raise   £4.20 £6.80 £21.70
rancid

Comments

• edited March 2013
    You got the A-blocker which is a massive plus imo.

I know who the villian is, and think you can get plenty of folds here.
  • edited March 2013
    how often does he open bvb, how often do you 3bet him, how often does he 4bet and with what hands, what hands does he go all in preflop with when you 5bet, does he ever call when you 5bet.

ergo what is your fold equity?  this sort of specific reraising spot preflop shorthanded is not what forums where for, it's alot more gameflow based, player read based. Hence all the questions above.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 - should I 5 bet A7 4 handed bvb:
    how often does he open bvb, how often do you 3bet him, how often does he 4bet and with what hands, what hands does he go all in preflop with when you 5bet, does he ever call when you 5bet. ergo what is your fold equity?  this sort of specific reraising spot preflop shorthanded is not what forums where for, it's alot more gameflow based, player read based. Hence all the questions above.
    Posted by beaneh

Too many questions, can't answer them here obviously )
    Suppose I got to sit down and do some maths :S
  • edited March 2013
    answering the questions gives you the idea of what numbers to use when doing the maths. 
  • edited March 2013
    His risking 2.5x to win 1.... so you only need to call with like >42% equity. 

Say his raising like 65% of the time then I would flat 100% of the time with a range like:-  A,K,QQ-22,QJ-Q6,JT-J8,T9,Qx5x-Qx2x,Jx7x-Jx6x,Tx8x-Tx7x,9x8x and float a tonne IP as his gonna cbet far too wide

Just keep it simple and let him make the mistakes, obv 3bet a nut range and maybe some small pairs+A2s-A5s when stacks start to get 120deep

I'm never 3betting A7o... would rather 3bet J7s or Q2s

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 - should I 5 bet A7 4 handed bvb:
    His risking 2.5x to win 1.... so you only need to call with like />42% equity.  Say his raising like 65% of the time then I would flat 100% of the time with a range like:-   A,K,QQ-22,QJ-Q6,JT-J8,T9,Qx5x-Qx2x,Jx7x-Jx6x,Tx8x-Tx7x,9x8x and float a tonne IP as his gonna cbet far too wide Just keep it simple and let him make the mistakes, obv 3bet a nut range and maybe some small pairs+A2s-A5s I'm never 3betting A7o... would rather 3bet J7s or Q2s
    Posted by TPTP123

if you're 3betting A7o it's for blocker value and you're folding to 4bets ldo
  • edited March 2013
    sorry i was talking about the 2.5x open steal not the 4bet. keep it simple imo... theres better blockers to 3bet with that will flop stronger equity v his flat range imo than A7o.