You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Leaving players names in when posting hands.

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
What should you do?
When I first posted a hand a few years ago I was told I should remove the names so I have since but have noticed most people don't.

Is it just a personal decision on your own ethics/etiquette?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    I think it's a personal decision UNLESS you're just posting to go 'ha look at this fish' in which case you should remove names BUT I don't even think people should post stuff like that anyway. I just don't see the point in bragging that you've managed to win a pot off someone who isn't very good at the game, or ridicule someone.

I think it's generally because

1) It's frowned upon to share reads on other players

2) There's no point saying on a clinic hand 'well I'd do this cos I know when he bet's like this it's always XXX' cos the person posting obv doesn't have that information.

Personally, I'll remove names almost all of the time unless I actually know the player
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah i always leave out the name of any player in the pot with me unless i know them personally or have double checked its ok beforehand via the chatbox. Personally when i first started playing if i saw my name in a pot in the clinic and peoples response were along the lines off... yeah his a fish, his play is awful, why does he do this or that it would really of dented my confidence and put me off a bit.
  • edited March 2013
    I refused to post strat in threads where ppl cant be bothered to remove names, its -ev for all involved. 
  • edited March 2013
    i normally leave the name out in clinic. in my diary i post the odd hand where ive been coolered or wabting just a tad advice i dont. bbv usually im tiltin so dont but always regret when i cool
  • edited March 2013
    bbv and personal blogs are okay i think but if your asking for strat advice in a clinic prob best not to keep names in as its poor form imo and very results orientated

• edited March 2013
    As far as I know Sky dont request that names are removed. However if you are posting in the clinic the responses and opinions might be biased if the player is well know. Otherwise its up to you.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Leaving players names in when posting hands.:
    What should you do? When I first posted a hand a few years ago I was told I should remove the names so I have since but have noticed most people don't. Is it just a personal decision on your own ethics/etiquette?
    Posted by jonjo75
    From the Sky Community Guidelines -
    On a similar note, if you want to post hand histories and leave the players’ names in, please do. However, please don’t call them idiots, donkeys, morons, etc. It’s just plain rude. They might not have played the hand that well, but there’s no need to chuck in an insult or two along the way. Criticise the poker, not the people.
    Posted by Sky_Dave