You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

nl20 - he know's that I know I am a donking about

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Not your standard hand - oppo is 3/4 bet light very good aggro player who will put you in spots all day, very cable of using his image to his advantage - obviously raising range is anything

oppo's river is polarised - I HAVE A PAIR ! call ?

but.... should I c/c river instead

thoughts

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rancid Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £25.66
ALFIENOAKE Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £9.72
  Your hole cards

Donttelmum Fold        
x Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £28.16
rancid Call   £0.50 £1.40 £25.16
ALFIENOAKE Call   £0.40 £1.80 £9.32
Flop

• A

rancid Bet   £0.90 £2.70 £24.26
ALFIENOAKE Fold        
x Call   £0.90 £3.60 £27.26
Turn

• A

rancid Bet   £2.00 £5.60 £22.26
x Call   £2.00 £7.60 £25.26
River

rancid Bet   £4.00 £11.60 £18.26
x All-in   £25.26 £36.86 £0.00
rancid

Comments

• edited March 2013
    stop clicking random buttons

3bet pre more than you call all of which roughly equal to how often you fold.

don't lead flop with air into multiple players with no back door equity, don't bet the bad turn,  river is unrealistically joke thin, c/f >c/c > any kind of bet, think I would rather b3b all in after taking this line than ever do any kind of calling on the river.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: nl20 - he know's that I know I am a donking about:
    stop clicking random buttons 3bet pre more than you call all of which roughly equal to how often you fold. don't lead flop with air into multiple players with no back door equity, don't bet the bad turn,  river is unrealistically joke thin, c/f />c/c > any kind of bet, think I would rather b3b all in after taking this line than ever do any kind of calling on the river.
    Posted by beaneh

thanks - slap my head for making stoopid plays verus someone that never folds at turn card !!
  • edited March 2013
    Im really struggling to see what we're hoping to rep on this flop 
  • edited March 2013

If our opponent has a wide pre-flop range and can make moves post-flop, why are we calling pre-flop with T8s in the small blind? What's the plan when giving good, aggressive players position on us with marginal hands?

Agree with Don that we don't rep anything when leading this flop. Are we trying to rep a set or 45? Why would he donk those hands on this flop and have we ever done that before? I don't like the plan if it's just to barrell and cross our fingers.

Why not 3-bet pre-flop rather than waiting to miss the flop, then try repping a super-narrow range?

The bet sizing on all streets isn't pretty. It doesn't look as though we're trying to get stacks in.