You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL20 set - call or shove - ok it's a house )

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
we have a house not a set!!!

don't just call, go for value versus any Qx he can have, obviouisly we reckon he'll often have missed with his fds and not call, whilst at the same time not folding better but I think there is still value from random Ax fds that get stubborn, Qx, and maybe even thin c/r mid pairs who thought they were best on the turn.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    One for the purist's

verus range and the way the hand is played out do we just call on river

oppo is TAG, pretty straight forward

also please don't say bet flop )
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bolly580 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £19.70
    x Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £18.00
      Your hole cards

topladwa02 Fold        
    HOLESHOT Fold        
    rancid Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £55.78
    shaun399 Fold        
    bolly580 Fold        
    x Call   £0.40 £1.30 £17.60
    Flop

• Q

x Check        
    rancid Check        
    Turn

x Check        
    rancid Bet   £0.98 £2.28 £54.80
    x Raise   £3.00 £5.28 £14.60
    rancid Call   £2.02 £7.30 £52.78
    River

• Q

x Bet   £5.48 £12.78 £9.12
    rancid
  • edited March 2013
    As above ^^^

We have the boat, get 'em in!
  • edited March 2013
    Ok Beaneh chill, I know it's a house -

seriously though what is oppo c/r turn with ?

the river is the river but what concerns me the most is the turn c/r - espeically if I think oppo is not raising Q's,draws or bluffs !!!!!!!!!

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 set - call or shove - ok it's a house ):
    Ok Beaneh chill, I know it's a house - seriously though what is oppo c/r turn with ? the river is the river but what concerns me the most is the turn c/r - espeically if I think oppo is not raising Q's,draws or bluffs !!!!!!!!!
    Posted by rancid

LOL wat

poker is a game of reads/information

if your information says you can never be wining even on this card. THEN FOLD

don't call because you have a house, your relative hand strength is low even if your absolute hand strength is high.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 set - call or shove - ok it's a house ) : LOL wat poker is a game of reads/information if your information says you can never be wining even on this card. THEN FOLD don't call because you have a house, your relative hand strength is low even if your absolute hand strength is high.
    Posted by beaneh
    How do you learn to trust yourself and fold - teach me !
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 set - call or shove - ok it's a house ) : How do you learn to trust yourself and fold - teach me !
    Posted by rancid

call 99 times and get shown the nuts, hundreth time if you're not tilted AND you're lucky you can fold. 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 set - call or shove - ok it's a house ) : call 99 times and get shown the nuts, hundreth time if you're not tilted AND you're lucky you can fold. 
    Posted by beaneh

lol

If my gut says I am hungry then i eat, if it says I am beat - then I should listen
    Unless my gut has some kind of aggro virus that kills my immune system and gets me to call or shove !!!

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 set - call or shove - ok it's a house ) : lol If my gut says I am hungry then i eat, if it says I am beat - then I should listen Unless my gut has some kind of aggro virus that kills my immune system and gets me to call or shove !!!
    Posted by rancid

it's like when you bet the river saying i'm bet folding and they raise and you snap call and then start looking for things to punch whilst thinking u farking moran why on earth did you press the middle button you said you were going to fold and then you SNAP CALLED  are you stupid or are you just not listening to me etc.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 set - call or shove - ok it's a house ) : it's like when you bet the river saying i'm bet folding and they raise and you snap call and then start looking for things to punch whilst thinking u farking moran why on earth did you press the middle button you said you were going to fold and then you SNAP CALLED  are you stupid or are you just not listening to me etc.
    Posted by beaneh
    lol

Good so it's not just me then "+_)

• edited March 2013
    to me rancid ,it looks like ace4 or bluff,no bet on flop so that rules out q 4me.his reraise would be to stop u betting the flush draw.with this read i would shove on river.what was outcome?
  • edited March 2013
    You can definitely have a flush on the river and he pretty much cant, yet he doesnt slow down? Rarely does a flush hitting on the river not make people cautious ime. I wouldnt feel bad about calling the river but wouldnt raise.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 set - call or shove - ok it's a house ) : it's like when you bet the river saying i'm bet folding and they raise and you snap call and then start looking for things to punch whilst thinking u farking moran why on earth did you press the middle button you said you were going to fold and then you SNAP CALLED  are you stupid or are you just not listening to me etc.
    Posted by beaneh
    wow im amazerd i thought this was literally just me glad 2 players have said they do it now.