You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Strategy Guides

2»

Comments

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Poker Strategy Guides:
    In Response to Re: Poker Strategy Guides :
    I would like to know how people seem to chip up early in Tournaments do they take more of a risk to get there stacks or are they doing something I am not, then when you have a big stack how do you use it as I don't seem to know what to do with it. Posted by DoyleBrun[/QUOTE Good points these. I used to struggle with both of these too in mtts, but something clicked...  Chipping up early can be done by seeing lots of flops with a wider range of hands against weaker players and capitalising on players who cannot fold 1 pair hands, when you have better. No real need to take huge risks/flips early- in fact if we are deep this is a bad thing to do. But in a turbo it is fine.  As for what to do with a stack once you get it. This takes practice, but essentially it about knowing who you can bully and who you can't, based on relative stack sizes and their playing style. You need to know when to sit back and snooze and when to go into play nearly every hand mode!  Hope this helps Mr Texas Dolly
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Hope I am typing this in the right place just to say thanks Gregg I will try these tips.
  • edited April 2013
    I hope this idea hasn't been forgotten.

There's still a lack of poker strategy discussion in 'Poker Chat'.
  • edited April 2013
    because it'd just be beaneh and lol raise talking to themselves
  • edited April 2013
    because it'd just be beaneh and lol raise talking to themselves
    Posted by percival09
    Well I'd be happy to listen :)
  • edited April 2013
    I'd definitely get behind anyone who wanted to write a good primer on any of those subjects. How about we up the stakes on this thread a little... :) COMPETITION - FIVE SKY SPORTS BOUNTY HUNTER SEATS TO BE WON The Community should decide on this poll/thread which FIVE subjects people want explaining the most in the form of a poker article. I'll put up a competition where the best entries in each of the subjects wins a Sky Sports Bounty Hunter seat. And they CAN stack - so if DOHHHHHHHH comes on and writes five incredibly good subjects, he'll win five seats. Articles don't need to be a fixed length/minimum length, etc. Sometimes you can say things better in a shorter amount of words. How to enter: I'll open up a thread for entries to be posted on to.  There'll be one thread per topic. Topics will be decided according to the most mentions of a subject made on this thread come the evening of Thursday 28th March. Closing date for entries: 15th April.  The disclaimer from our side - the content will be going up for our customers to read, so has to be pretty well thought out and structured. I am more than happy to do some editing though, so no worried about spelling - it's the quality of the content we're after. If we don't get sufficiently good content on one of the five topics decided by the Community, we don't have to 'pay out' just because one was written, if that makes sense. Who's in?
    Posted by Sky_Dave

Is this still going ahead?