You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Specific Lines vs TinTin

edited March 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Does anyone have any experience vs TinTin? I have recently been taking very aggressive lines against him when he raises OOP and donks the flop. It is 100% a leak in his game but I'd obviously like to understand his game a little more as he seems to be one of the better players at the micros.

Please don't suggest that I 'Stay out of his way'.......I don't need any advice on how to spot regulars and how to go bum hunting at the micros. I'd really like to understand his game a little deeper.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    You do realise that Tintin is very likely to read this himself?

He may not approve of an open forum discussion on how to beat him and spot his "leaks"! :)

• edited March 2013
    your confusing donking the flop with c betting.

your countering this with raising all in, maybe a leak in your game??????
  • edited March 2013
    I do realise that he reads this forum & that he may not approve of me starting this discussion but I don't care. I also understand that alot of people on here are his friends but this is poker and he is a good player, hence why I want to understand his game. I gain no value in terms of improving my game vs fish. Obviously the fish are where the money is but not all of us wish to be passive vs other regulars.

I hope people understand and don't grill me to hard!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Specific Lines vs TinTin:
    your confusing donking the flop with c betting. your countering this with raising all in, maybe a leak in your game??????
    Posted by TINTIN
    That was just one specific hand the other night. I don't want to cause any problems but I seem to be the only person who is willing to play back against you?

Edit: That hand may have been a cbet I can't remember
  • edited March 2013
    It was obviously a STUPID idea on my part starting this discussion! You really do have people scared Tin!
  • edited March 2013
    what greg said.

i think its bad form naming me. have discussions on how to play against certain types of players but  dont single out names, i would say that about anyone.

its also why people suggest taking names out of hand histories when posting asking for advice on how to play the hand
  • edited March 2013
    without meaning to sound rude, it's 4nl, I doubt tintin has some expert strategy to beat these games. Just actually learn how to play poker and crush. It's really that simple. 

Starting a thread about tintin is just ridic, you're not making your money from him, you're making it from the other 4 fish at the table. Vs tintin just play standard, he shouldn't want to get into any marginal spots vs somebody who kinda knows what they're doing when there are so many bad players at the level. 

If you want better advice then you need to make a better op
  • edited March 2013
    Well, you're asking people to give you a game strategy to beat a specific player on the forum of the site he plays on.

Do you really think that us forum users will tell you how to beat him when he can read it and then attempt to adjust his game?
  • edited March 2013
    I know it's ridiculous to single him out and I've now realised that it's against etiquette and I apologise for that. Sorry for the stupid post.
  • edited March 2013
    lol. just make a better opening post without targeting a single player and you'll hopefully get the advice you're looking for
  • edited March 2013
    I know, I know! He just puts me on tilt sometimes.
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by Donohuge
    Yup, we all get tilted by specific players. In mtts, if i see a certain name appear to my left, I instantly sigh and I  try extra hard to beat them as I know they always own me. 9/10 I just lose!

It's good that you recognize that your OP was not thought out right and respect for your apology. Other people have said to focus on the value rather than the multi tabling reg. Not saying that you cant compete equally with tintin at all, I am just saying that there is no real point getting into levelling wars at 4nl, when there are alot softer targets!

Good luck

• edited March 2013
    Posted by Donohuge
    the best way to play against people such as tintin is to ask youself questions such as
    what hand could he possibly have on each street.
    and is my hand strong enough to reraise.
  • edited March 2013
    Cant believe what I'm reading here, what a donut!!! LOL its FOUR NL, there is no such thing as a REG, you cant get to 10nl for a reason... no offense but come on!!! (ryanc7)
    Posted by sam64
    Another multi accounter?

lol who's the donut now.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Specific Lines vs TinTin : Another multi accounter? lol who's the donut now.
    Posted by splashies
    I thought this too! Why are you not using your own account to post Ryan?
  • edited March 2013
    Maybe you should change this thread titlte to specific lines vs 4nl regs, i don't play any 4nl but from reading the challenge in poker chat there are some players making some nice profit who clearly know what they are doing so to just discount them as easy to play against would be silly. I would suggest focusing on the whole table rather than just one particular play, make notes constantly... how frequently is someone opening preflop? how often are they cbetting? how have they reacted to being played back at? who is the weak player at the table? what can i do to isolate them? what is my table image? if i have been very active should i be bluffing a good reg in this spot? etc etc.
  • edited March 2013
    Just incase he doesn't read this or end up back in this thread...Ryan7 excluded from his account to concentrate on uni work, he only uses his friends account to post in the forum as far as i'm aware.
  • edited March 2013
    This thread is amazing.

I can't believe TINTIN disapproves. Why wouldn't you want everyone spilling the beans on how to play against you where you can see it? I think that would be fantastic.

If you want to beat TINTIN, become better than him at poker. Helpful tip?
  • edited March 2013
    tintin is a very loose player so when he raises pre and fires 3 streets you have to able to call him down lighter than usual lol

hope this helps
  • edited March 2013
    tintin is a very loose player so when he raises pre and fires 3 streets you have to able to call him down lighter than usual lol hope this helps
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yeah ok! :/
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Specific Lines vs TinTin : I thought this too! Why are you not using your own account to post Ryan?
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Hit cool off. Have to concentrate on coursework and revision as I'm miles behind. No online poker until 24th May, then I plan to have a 20k summer, starting with £1k on here and $1k on stars. 

Splashies mate, pipe down 

• edited March 2013
    tintin is a very loose player so when he raises pre and fires 3 streets you have to able to call him down lighter than usual lol hope this helps
    Posted by liamboi11
    I agree with liamboi, don't even call! Just raise, re raise and and raise some more, get it in!

Talk about looooooooooseee

You'll clean up mate lol
  • edited March 2013
    Why does everyone put such a big aspect on playing tintin. I have nothing but respect for the lad but still think there are bigger fish to fry
  • edited March 2013
    Exactly ^^^

Listen to Neil Channings Top Tip on Sky. In cash, you don't need to be the best player on the table, you just need to find weaker players than you, isolate them and attack them over and over.

On any given 4NL table, TinTin won't be the weak player.

• edited March 2013

Like i said, raise, raise and raise again lol

seant8 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £5.68
    LARSON7 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £7.81
      Your hole cards

scrogie Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.16
    webbee13 Fold     
    Donohuge Raise  £0.16 £0.26 £3.88
    snaptilt Fold     
    seant8 Fold     
    LARSON7 Raise  £0.36 £0.62 £7.45
    scrogie Fold     
    Donohuge Fold     
    LARSON7 Show

LARSON7 Win  £0.38  £7.83
    LARSON7 Return  £0.24
  • edited March 2013
    You're such a beast.....
  • edited March 2013
    i never lose to TINTIN...
    i just run a mile as soon as i see his name!!!
    lols
    (* *)
       ^
    dev