You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MEGA STACK SUCCESS

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
The Friday night Mega Stack has proved very popular and well supported.

I would like to suggest a similar tournament on a Sunday.

£5.50 buy in start time between 4.00 and 6.00.

The only tourament effected would be the Super Stack which seems to

have limited appeal at £11.00 buy in.

What does the community think, would you support it..

Daggers. 

Comments

• edited March 2013
    In Response to MEGA STACK SUCCESS:
    The Friday night Mega Stack has proved very popular and well supported. I would like to suggest a similar tournament on a Sunday. £5.50 buy in start time between 4.00 and 6.00. The only tourament effected would be the Super Stack which seems to have limited appeal at £11.00 buy in. What does the community think, would you support it.. Daggers. 
    Posted by daggers747
    I'm all for another Mega stack daggers as we said last night not too sure about your start time. It's a bit too inbetweeny for me. I think the Superstack has failed because of meal times interfering with it so I would ditch it altogether. I think a 7p.m start time for the the Mega would work and finish early enough for those at work Monday but I'm not sure what other tourneys it clashes with. I also think Tuesday could be a good night for another Megastack. I really hope Sky can do something as I feel us Deepstack and "Regular " tourney players have been a bit neglected by Sky who are favouring the Bounty Hunters.
  • edited March 2013

I think I would like something like this too.  For me, a midday or early evening (7) k.o. would be better.

• edited March 2013
    The more deepstacks on sky the better IMO. Especially another Mega Stack. Brilliant tourney. I think a 7pm start time would be more appealing than a 4pm start. If it gets same runners as the Friday Mega Stack it not finish too late. (11.30pm-ish). Don't think it will clash with any tourneys that the lower stakes players would normally play except the DTD's on a Monday night. I say a Mega Stack 4-5 nights a week.
  • edited March 2013

Good idea daggers,i would like more mega stacks.The mega stack is a terrific tourney,cheers chubbers,and the fields over 100 proves that.Got my vote.

• edited March 2013
    First time poster...
    I agree with all of the above my main points are
    - The deep stack structured tournaments like the deep and mega stack are imo more structured like SPT events... As a min level online player I am not going from a 2.20deep stack to the 11 quid sunday stack to an SPT there has to be more jumps for players that want to improve their game to one day have the bank roll for SPT's...
    - The mega stack and DTD on Monday have been great successes for the community breaking numbers every week so why not give these regular players something extra to play
    - No UKOPS event structured in a deep stack style... All bounty hunters and 1 rebuy from what I saw...
    - The normal 7:15 deepy didn't make its guarantee two days in a row one of them being Valentines day, yet lost £30 quid of its guarantee from then onwards until present how is that going to attract more players into this type of structured tourney... Yet since then would've broke the £150 anyway...
    In my honest opinion sky seem to be interested in the tournys which turn in for them the most players and they can run the most eg bounty hunters which is understandable and I also occasionally play BUT how about giving the customers something they want aswell... Surely a couple of extra mega stacks different buy ins, don't even need guarantees just to see how they do cant do any harm?
    Chubbers did do a vote for another mega stack what happened to that in the end?
    It would be nice for someone from SKY to message in the thread to at least let us know if this is something they could look into or not worth their time.
    Thanks
    Tom281189
  • edited March 2013
    it gets my vote daggers another megastack great tourny and proved very popular, sunday 7pm would be good start time i need a kip after me dinner :)).
  • edited March 2013
    I think another one on a Sunday would be well supported.  7pm seems sensible.
  • edited April 2013
    I like the idea, as i dont play 6/8 tables, just play and watch tv, DWMs and mtts are my fav.
    Being 60 cant get my head round turbos, all ins, ect, up and down to the loo so the longer
    i can hang on in the better. jmo.
  • edited April 2013
    Was a great tourny, i railed final table.

Guy who won it was an incredible talent, Defo one to watch.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: MEGA STACK SUCCESS:
    Was a great tourny, i railed final table. Guy who won it was an incredible talent, Defo one to watch.
    Posted by DivsDreams
    Wouldn't have been you by any chance would it :)