You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mobile broadband and Sky poker

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Has anyone tried this using one of those dongles.
I am thinking of getting a deal so I can play during long work breaks etc, but I am not sure about speeds etc. I understand it depends on your signal, as it would your mobile phone, but on full signal is the play/sppeds etc the same as home broadband, and how about multitabling etc,

Thanks

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Never used one for playing poker. My missus has one for her laptop. I think there's a limit on how long you can spend on line per day. My missus's is about an hour a day. Costs her £5 a month I think. You can probably get different packages tho.....
  • edited July 2009
    They aren't great to play poker on - due to a roving IP. -I found that flash client poker sites would bump me continually. Download clients were generally better..... but still lost it at times...
  • edited July 2009
    THERE FINE TO PLAY SKY POKER ON, IM ON A T-MOBILE DONGLE AND HAVE NO PROBLEMS
  • edited April 2010
    I think ur addicted
  • edited April 2010
    I sometimes use my Vodafone dongle to 4 table.  Speeds are generally fine.  Bit laggy now and then but does the job
  • edited April 2010
    I managed to play a 7 hour multi tabling session on a dongle with not a single problem, had about 3/4 signal :-)
  • edited April 2010
    im on 3 and its fine, supose it depends on the coverage in ur area
  • edited April 2010
    I have a T mobile which i use when staying in hotels and its spot on but no use at home because of coverage

• edited April 2010
    lol scotty, u mustve been bored , trawling the archives and bumping a near year old thread.  Fwiw, I did get a mobile broadband deal with `3`.  I can 6 table on chrome at work without much problem.  Only a 15" screen though so quite a bit of overlap.  Laptop fits snugly into my work bag though , cant have it all roads

edit - I see why this has been bumped, or hasnt been for that matter, I have threads on my first page 287 days old lol.  Meant to ask scotty, what did you stand with on that 4/8 table yesterday ?
  • edited April 2010
    just realised that, its weird.

i stood with 720.  think my height was 900.

did another run up early this morning from 100 to 500 as well.  EDIT:  actually I was in the game for 200.  I got my first 100BI upto 250 then got it AIPF for a 780 pot with QQ va Q9 and AK. King on the river made me puke.

10bb AI poker ftw
  • edited April 2010
    I think someone has been bumping really old threads overnight but their posts have since been removed, however the thread retains it's position near the top of the forum.